Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured card Ventura Ca area

tag
Lightdog555
New Contributor

Secured card Ventura Ca area

Hello all. I am in the process of rebuilding. My scores are in the 590's. I have about 8 baddies all coming in 08/09. Since then I have an auto loan from Wells Fargo never late opened in 2011 feb a Kay's card limit 800 balance 500 since June never late. Amex oasis limit 500 balance 135 since jan 2012 never late. I am seeing if anyone has any experience with Ventura area credit unions or Los Angeles area credit unions. I am looking to open a secured card. Prior to that I am going to pay off the Kay's card so my utl should be better. Thx for your help!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

Re: Secured card Ventura Ca area

@Lightdog555 I don't know how much of a factor it will be but when I recieved my first secured card from Capital One I was in Encino. After six months of perfect payment history, I was pre approved for a Capital One rewards card. Either way, at 590 IMO secured is the way to go. Good luck and keep us posted. 

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Lightdog555 wrote:
Hello all. I am in the process of rebuilding. My scores are in the 590's. I have about 8 baddies all coming in 08/09. Since then I have an auto loan from Wells Fargo never late opened in 2011 feb a Kay's card limit 800 balance 500 since June never late. Amex oasis limit 500 balance 135 since jan 2012 never late. I am seeing if anyone has any experience with Ventura area credit unions or Los Angeles area credit unions. I am looking to open a secured card. Prior to that I am going to pay off the Kay's card so my utl should be better. Thx for your help!

Since you are already a customer, the Wells Fargo secured card has good terms and likely approval.    Worth considering if CU does not work out.  

Message 3 of 4
Lightdog555
New Contributor

It can be an on line credit union as well. Just really looking for a card that can grow with me. I know cap 1 and some others don't grow. Really was looking for people's expericenes. Thx for the help!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.