Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured card idea...

tag
FitNutrix
Valued Member

Re: Secured card idea...

Any others beside NFCU, USAA, BofA, C1... i'm actually interested myself and would actually like to know the ones who do not report "secured" because that's looks much better on my report. 

Thanks 

Starting Score: EQ: 651 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: 629 FAKO (08/06/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 533 FICO TU: 523 FICO EX: 494 FICO
Goal Score: 700+ Across Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 36
Crashem
Valued Contributor

go with cu.  lots of choices but verify they have features you want.  i like sdfcu secured visa.  not sure how depositsa to increase cl work.  but no af and interest rock.  up to 100k at least

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 36
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

EDIT:  i had typed something at the same time recommending sdfcu.  read crashems post above.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 36
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@1Health wrote:

Any others beside NFCU, USAA, BofA, C1... i'm actually interested myself and would actually like to know the ones who do not report "secured" because that's looks much better on my report. 

Thanks 

Is that 651 FICO? What is stopping you from getting an unsecured card?

If you want to go the secured card right USAA and Cap1 is your best bet. I paid $49 for a $200 secured limit to start off with Cap1 and I have increased it ever since. Both of them report unsecured

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Message 14 of 36
FitNutrix
Valued Member

@Crashem wrote:

go with cu.  lots of choices but verify they have features you want.  i like sdfcu secured visa.  not sure how depositsa to increase cl work.  but no af and interest rock.  up to 100k at least

SDFCU doesn't have secured credit cards as one of there options on there website do i have to call? What are benifits examples

-doesn't report as secured

-minimum deposit amount

-how easy is it to actually use and pay off with bank

etc. 

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 36
FitNutrix
Valued Member

@Steelersfan904 wrote:

@1Health wrote:

Thanks 

If you want to go the secured card right USAA and Cap1 is your best bet. I paid $49 for a $200 secured limit to start off with Cap1 and I have increased it ever since. Both of them report unsecured

Yes all of my scores are accurate.  And because i have 7 HP on TU and 5 on EQ and i also have C1 and i actually like them for what they are a "rebuild card" THAT'S IT. If you want have your money tied into them then that's your option but i increased mine to 1,000 because i thought it would be a good number to stick at and don't want put a lot money into it. 

As of your question, i don't know which cards to apply for so that i don't get declined and also i don't have any "revolving" account history yet because C1 hasn't reported yet do you know when they will i got the card 16th of July. Still says N/A for due date.. Smiley Sad 

I think i have such a "OK" ish score because of my student loans Smiley Happy OSU all they way baby!! 

Message 16 of 36
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@1Health wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

SDFCU doesn't have secured credit cards as one of there options on there website do i have to call? What are benifits examples

-minimum deposit amount

etc. 

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

I haven't ever had one, but I am a member at SDFCU and can say, for certain, that they do have a secured visa with possibilty of extremely high credit limits.  I think it has all of the same benefits as their unsecured card (including low interest rate and flexpoints rewards) but without the EMV chip.  You should call and ask though.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 17 of 36
FitNutrix
Valued Member

@DaveSignal wrote:

@1Health wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

-minimum deposit amount

etc. 

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

I haven't ever had one, but I am a member at SDFCU and can say, for certain, that they do have a secured visa with possibilty of extremely high credit limits.  I think it has all of the same benefits as their unsecured card (including low interest rate and flexpoints rewards) but without the EMV chip.  You should call and ask though.

Okay Thanks for all your information

Message 18 of 36
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

@1Health wrote:

@Steelersfan904 wrote:

@1Health wrote:

Thanks 

Yes all of my scores are accurate.  And because i have 7 HP on TU and 5 on EQ and i also have C1 and i actually like them for what they are a "rebuild card" THAT'S IT. If you want have your money tied into them then that's your option but i increased mine to 1,000 because i thought it would be a good number to stick at and don't want put a lot money into it. 

As of your question, i don't know which cards to apply for so that i don't get declined and also i don't have any "revolving" account history yet because C1 hasn't reported yet do you know when they will i got the card 16th of July. Still says N/A for due date.. Smiley Sad 

I think i have such a "OK" ish score because of my student loans Smiley Happy OSU all they way baby!! 

Cap1 will start reporting after your 2nd statement is cut do not let them tell you anything else besides that. Can you join USAA? To me its a wonderful product no HP and by far the easiest process to increase your CL and its available the next day after you request it. Wells Fargo is another idea.

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Message 19 of 36
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

My PNC card doesn't report as secured.  And I have seen the "bank credit report" from my financial counselor.  Actually, the only thing on my credit report that says "secured" is the installment loan I began with at Heartland CU on my post-bankruptcy journey.

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.