cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking a relationship (with a Visa Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeking a relationship (with a Visa Card)

As long as it's accepted where I'm trying to use it, I don't care what network a card is on. For Costco in the US, that means Visa. 

I've pretty much stopped using my TD Visa. The Savor One matches it on cashback categories and it's instantly redeemable, as opposed to a minimum of $25.

My spend at Costco in the US is not large - $100-200, two or three times a year. So a maximum of $12 in cashback. It just annoys me to either leave it there for 2-3 years, or put spending on an inconvenient card.

So I'd like either a Visa suitable for a daily driver (2% cashback, no annual fee, no foreign transaction fee) or one  that allows you to redeem cashback without a minimum? For the latter, type it doesn't really matter what the cashback is, since I'll just use it at Costco.

The Citi Costco isn't useful to me as I don't purchase gas in the US. I only buy gas at Costco in Canada, where I need a MasterCard!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Seeking a relationship (with a Visa Card)

Fidelity Rewards Visa is the only no annual fee, 2% cash back Visa card I'm aware of. I think it has a FTF though.

Personally, I would go with Navy Federal Flagship Rewards when the SUB is back in March. It's $49 annual fee.

Message 2 of 29
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

I would suggest looking into:

US bank Cash+ which is 5% on catagories of your choosing

Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.

or the Wells fargo cash wise visa. 15 months 0% APR 

all are no annual fee VISA cards with good rewards. 

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 3 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If you can (and are willing to) have a direct deposit going into a PenFed checking account, the Power Cash Rewards ticks all of your boxes.  Otherwise it's only 1.5%.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the perfect card for that, until they changed it to a Mastercard.  BoA cash rewards card, 2% at wholesale clubs, plus picking your categories. My BoA cash rewards card is a Visa, but no longer offered as a Visa now.

Recently, another poster needed the same card (Visa) for Costco. Except CFU was not an option. A QS Visa was an option at 1.5% cash back.

This is a tough one to solve. Not too many options without giving something up, like an AF,  deposits into a brokerage account or checking account, or a 1.5% cash back only card.

Message 5 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I believe you can still call to apply for the BoA Cash Rewards and specifically request a Visa.  I was offered a choice by the senior analyst when I applied for mine a few years ago at their suggestion when calling about something else.  It does have FTF though.

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:

Fidelity Rewards Visa is the only no annual fee, 2% cash back Visa card I'm aware of. I think it has a FTF though.

Personally, I would go with Navy Federal Flagship Rewards when the SUB is back in March. It's $49 annual fee.

It does - although it's 1%, which is unusual. Navy looks interesting, as I'm also looking for a 3% travel card to take up the slack when I cancel my Platinum.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:

It does - although it's 1%, which is unusual. Navy looks interesting, as I'm also looking for a 3% travel card to take up the slack when I cancel my Platinum.

BoA cash rewards is both (except FTF the lone disadvantage) if they still give the option as a Visa. 

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NimbusIII wrote:

Thanks, I'm giving a lot of consideration to WF Visa as well as their Propel for travel.

I don't expect there'll ever be a time in my life I'm below 5/24.  Smiley Wink 

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

Thanks, I'm giving a lot of consideration to WF Visa as well as their Propel for travel.

I don't expect there'll ever be a time in my life I'm below 5/24.  Smiley Wink 

Propel is an excellent card, but a little tougher to get. But worth it. 

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.