cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking a relationship (with a Visa Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seeking a relationship (with a Visa Card)

@K-in-Boston wrote:

If you can (and are willing to) have a direct deposit going into a PenFed checking account, the Power Cash Rewards ticks all of your boxes.  Otherwise it's only 1.5%.

The closest I come to a direct deposit is my PayPal MasterCard cashback. Smiley Wink Other than that, the only one depositing into my accounts is me. 

Message 11 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

If you can (and are willing to) have a direct deposit going into a PenFed checking account, the Power Cash Rewards ticks all of your boxes.  Otherwise it's only 1.5%.

The closest I come to a direct deposit is my PayPal MasterCard cashback. Smiley Wink Other than that, the only one depositing into my accounts is me. 

You can also park $500 into the checking account to obtain the 2%.

Message 12 of 29
digitek
Established Contributor

SDFCU Premium Cash Back+ is 2% cashback, no AF, no FTF, Visa, $250 cell phone insurance, available as Chip+PIN priority, $5 minimum redemption, no BT fees, $200 SUB for $3k spend in first 3 months, APR as low as 10.74%, Skip-a-payment option available if needed, transaction alerts through text available, pretty sweet Cash Back Mall, solid website and mobile app.

You can join the CU through being a member of Consumer Council.  They are really conservative, though, and no real auto payment option.

Message 13 of 29
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

I would suggest looking into:

US bank Cash+ which is 5% on catagories of your choosing

Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.

or the Wells fargo cash wise visa. 15 months 0% APR 

all are no annual fee VISA cards with good rewards. 

Thanks, I'm giving a lot of consideration to WF Visa as well as their Propel for travel.

I don't expect there'll ever be a time in my life I'm below 5/24.  Smiley Wink 

My initial focus was on the cash back and visa categories. The NFCU flagship rewards is a great travel card that earns points easily. However if you can hold out a couple more weeks the New Pathfinder card is being released from Penfed! A no annual fee card but I believe it will be Amex based.  Propell is solid earner.  The Capital one Venture card is also a Visa - no thrills but usually a decent SUB. Of all these I'm set on the Pathfinder next.

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I should have mentioned that I want to avoid any additional bank accounts. At the end of the day I'm living in Canada and have a US mailing address - no job, no savings, no tax forms, no utility bills south of the border.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NimbusIII wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NimbusIII wrote:

I would suggest looking into:

US bank Cash+ which is 5% on catagories of your choosing

Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.

or the Wells fargo cash wise visa. 15 months 0% APR 

all are no annual fee VISA cards with good rewards. 

Thanks, I'm giving a lot of consideration to WF Visa as well as their Propel for travel.

I don't expect there'll ever be a time in my life I'm below 5/24.  Smiley Wink 

My initial focus was on the cash back and visa categories. The NFCU flagship rewards is a great travel card that earns points easily. However if you can hold out a couple more weeks the New Pathfinder card is being released from Penfed! A no annual fee card but I believe it will be Amex based.  Propell is solid earner.  The Capital one Venture card is also a Visa - no thrills but usually a decent SUB. Of all these I'm set on the Pathfinder next.

Oh I can wait more than a couple of weeks - I have nine new accounts in the last 12 months and aside from Amex no one's approving me for anything in the immediate future.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I should have mentioned that I want to avoid any additional bank accounts. At the end of the day I'm living in Canada and have a US mailing address - no job, no savings, no tax forms, no utility bills south of the border.

That clears up the need for no FTF. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I understand it likes to be wined and dinedSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

That's OK. I get 3% cashback on dining with my Savor One.

I guess till I find my "soulmate" Visa I can just use the TD for restuarants and groceries. It'll take about $1100 of spend to get to $25 in cashback.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

That's OK. I get 3% cashback on dining with my Savor One.

I guess till I find my "soulmate" Visa I can just use the TD for restuarants and groceries. It'll take about $1100 of spend to get to $25 in cashback.

Yep. FTF is huge for you. Paying it eliminates rewards and then some. Even earning just 1% with no FTF is better than any card with a FTF.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.