Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems United keeps increasing their offer on the Chase card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems United keeps increasing their offer on the Chase card

I started getting 50K offers a long time ago, then started getting 70K offers, and today I noticed a 70K miles plus $50 statement credit.  I think this as much as they will offer but figured I would share the info.

Chase_United70kplus50.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seems United keeps increasing their offer on the Chase card

I keep getting mailers and emails for this 70K offer but unfortunately due to 5/24, no chance of me getting the card.

Message 2 of 10
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

I  received this offer all the time.  I don't know why I already have the card. 

IMG_1453.PNG

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

I  received this offer all the time.  I don't know why I already have the card. 

IMG_1453.PNG

I got this one too just does not seem good as it offers no miles and the AF is not worth the benefits.

Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

With the recent Passenger Incident on United caused public outrage and lot of people are upset. I am sure this is going to effect United Brand Credit Cards. From what I read their credit card business is valed at billions in profit. Probably both Chase / United trying very hard to keep existing customers and actively recruit new customers.

Message 5 of 10
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

With the recent Passenger Incident on United caused public outrage and lot of people are upset. I am sure this is going to effect United Brand Credit Cards. From what I read their credit card business is valed at billions in profit. Probably both Chase / United trying very hard to keep existing customers and actively recruit new customers.

This. Plus, unless you are Chuck Norris, I don't think it would be wise to refuse United. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

We will need a GP eventually to see if the united card is no longer under the 5/24 rule... Clearly Chase and United are pushing this card hard as 50k or 70k has been around for awhlie now.. Cards under this rule can change any day whether included or not.. You never know.

Message 7 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I am afraid that if I don't take the upgrade they will come visit me at home.  After all they know my address.

Should I move?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 10
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I have had the 70k points offer since way before the incident. Unfortunately due to the 5/24 I'm not able to get it. People will soon forget about the incident, just like everyone already forgot about Toyota's brake issue.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got in on the 50K offer last year. Good card.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.