Did you mean: 

Sequin Credit Card

tag
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Sequin Credit Card

Has anyone heard of this card yet? 

Sequin Credit card 

I will reserve my personal opinion, but is this on anyones radar yet?

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Sequin Credit Card

"The card will have a flashy, metallic design that allows it to double as a mirror.

Really? No idea why this would even be a thing. I'm a woman and have about 2 mirrors in my purse that are probably way better than looking into a credit card. Seems kind of silly to me. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 2 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

While I appreciate the sentiment behind the card, it's still a facepalm moment. 

There is a part in there about "helping women build credit" so I'm assuming it's going to be geared towards those with no or poor credit. I'm all for it but if those women start paying 27% APR to avoid tax on pads, it's going to be hard to justify how is that supposed to be "looking out for women" 

Gender specific cards 😐

Message 3 of 7
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

I'm female...thank you for saying what I thought. I do not feel oppressed. LOL

EDIT To say...HAHA....message received. Smiley Wink

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may pass on that one...It seems more like a novelty card. 

Message 5 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I have so many opinions and specific thoughts racing through my mind upon reading the description for this card lol. I'll keep it to myself and just say that I'd pass on this one.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read the founders story/background. It was interesting and inspiring. As for the card, novelty cards are just that novelty's. Its probably going to be backed by one of the usually suspects. Webbank, Comenity, Synchrony. So its pretty much going to come with the usually pitfalls.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.