cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious question about credit, Help appreciated!

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Serious question about credit, Help appreciated!

@Gornet wrote:

My limit is only 2000$

I was looking to raise it because 2k a month is just not happening with me!

Should i stay with this one card, or should i apply for a second card? or is that a bad thing?

I honeslty do not know.

Will having 2 cards with no income hurt my credit?

Income doesn't factor into credit.  If I were you I'd go get a student card from someone like BOFA or Citi or Discover or whatever from a FICO perspective

If you use your Amex responsibility you can ask for a CLI after 61 days; until then you're stuck making multiple payments though as I understand it that's not allowed in the first 30 days.

        
Message 21 of 26
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Okay i was thinking of the AMEX green card, or the regular gold card since there like really pretty. One day i wanna work myself to Centurian like my parents (its so beautiful). Or is the green or gold out of the picture?

PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 22 of 26
Leadberry
Established Contributor

It's hard to say.  Anecdotally the charge cards (Green, Gold, etc.) are easier to get than the revolvers, one of which you already have.  Now that you are an Amex cardholder, if/when you are declined for another Amex there will be no hard credit inquiry on your reports, so I'd say it really couldn't hurt to try.

Edit:  Many people tend to go for the Premier Rewards Gold over the standard Gold or Green.  If you decide to apply, you'd want to compare the benefits and fees and decide for yourself.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 23 of 26
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

I jumped ship way to fast the day i got the gold delta card. I applied for the platinum the day i was accepted, was instantly declined! I tottally thought i was worthy since i spend so much money a month... Guess i was wrong :/

Can someone inform me on what the difference between a revolver and a charge card is?

My Credit story
Message 24 of 26
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Gornet wrote:

I jumped ship way to fast the day i got the gold delta card. I applied for the platinum the day i was accepted, was instantly declined! I tottally thought i was worthy since i spend so much money a month... Guess i was wrong :/

Can someone inform me on what the difference between a revolver and a charge card is?

A revolver has a hard spending limit, but the balance doesn't necessary have to be paid in full when you receive your statement (you can revolve a balance).  A charge card has no preset spending limit, but it must be paid off in full every month.  I would try to live with the Gold Delta card for now, see if you can get the 3x credit line increase after two months, then try applying for another charge card after that if your CLI is approved and you so desire.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 25 of 26
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Smiley Happy

I was actually thinking about doing that. A person told me yesterday that its not a race, so i guess i should take it slow.

I will also look into other cards for the time being

Thanks everyone for the responses Smiley Very Happy

My Credit story
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.