Did you mean: 

Service FCU

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Service FCU

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom

For the first time since 2011, Citi Bank sent me a BT offer (Note, I have a spotless record and was at 850 Fico 8 for five years). Smiley Happy 

The Apr rate is 9.99% with a fee of 2% and it expires September 1, 2023 where upon it goes to a Variable Rate of 18.49% ... ? Smiley Sad

What to say? Smiley Surprised

I don't think it has much to do with having a spotless record or such scores @Anonymous. It has more to do with whether you're an ideal target for their offers (based on what Citi knows about you).

I have a ton of Citi legacy cards and I get anything from 0% BTs (6 months or 12 months), 0% purchases, 1.99% BTs, 4.99% BTs, 5.99% BTs spread across any of their CCs 🤷‍♂️ I don't particularly feel I'm their ideal target, but somehow Citi decides wants to capitalize on that or I'm a candidate for such offers.

@Jnbmom - just to confirm, this particular CU, is that SDFCU? I know sometimes some CUs can have similar names, but I wasn't sure.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar

The interesting part of all this with Citi is I used to receive offers from them back to 2009 and used many over the years (competitive offers at good rates).

My cards have mostly been Legacy cards and I like what is in my herd from Citi Bank today.

Credit record has been consistent with few new cards in the last few years. Citi also has been good to let me try many different cards with no hard times about changing products like the Dividend WE MC Card and the Citi Forward VS Card as examples.

Message 12 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom

For the first time since 2011, Citi Bank sent me a BT offer (Note, I have a spotless record and was at 850 Fico 8 for five years). Smiley Happy 

The Apr rate is 9.99% with a fee of 2% and it expires September 1, 2023 where upon it goes to a Variable Rate of 18.49% ... ? Smiley Sad

I don't think it has much to do with having a spotless record or such scores @Anonymous. It has more to do with whether you're an ideal target for their offers (based on what Citi knows about you).

I have a ton of Citi legacy cards and I get anything from 0% BTs (6 months or 12 months), 0% purchases, 1.99% BTs, 4.99% BTs, 5.99% BTs spread across any of their CCs 🤷‍♂️ I don't particularly feel I'm their ideal target, but somehow Citi decides wants to capitalize on that or I'm a candidate for such offers.

@Jnbmom - just to confirm, this particular CU, is that SDFCU? I know sometimes some CUs can have similar names, but I wasn't sure.

I'm sure she means Service FCU https://www.servicefcu.org as I know she has a card with a nice CL from them.   They have a really nice branch right down the street from one of my favorite candy stores at Ham Radio Outlet in Salem NH.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom

I'm sure she means Service FCU https://www.servicefcu.org as I know she has a card with a nice CL from them.   They have a really nice branch right down the street from one of my favorite candy stores at Ham Radio Outlet in Salem NH.

@coldfusion - I have a different link/URL than the one you posted above, is there an "f" as part of the string?

https://servicecu.org

Message 14 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom

https://servicecu.org/ ?

ETA: As @FinStar found!

Message 15 of 19
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

🤣I'm with you...it's useless unless you're expecting a windfall in a couple of months.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 16 of 19
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom

You just laugh and shred it...😂

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 17 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom

@coldfusion - I have a different link/URL than the one you posted above, is there an "f" as part of the string?

https://servicecu.org

You're correct!   I had the right CU in mind but goofed when typing in the URL. 

image.png

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 19
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom

Yes that is who I am referring to 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.