tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

Re: Setting your 2021 Card Strategy

@JNA1 wrote:

@Gmoney144 wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

@Gmoney144 wrote:

AOD. That's it. This year I've been approved for the Amex Platinum, BBP, Amazon Bus Prime, Apple Card, Best Buy Visa and second Discover. Complete the 5k spend for 100k with the platinum. I will garden for the year.  But what I want most is to learn how to display my cards on this site!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/t... 

Just set the width for the card image rather than the height.

Yea I tried and failed.  I'd rather have someone do it

Tell me what cards you have and and I'll PM you the code for them. 

I'll pm you

Business Cards
Message 81 of 184
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Gmoney144 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@Gmoney144 wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

@Gmoney144 wrote:

AOD. That's it. This year I've been approved for the Amex Platinum, BBP, Amazon Bus Prime, Apple Card, Best Buy Visa and second Discover. Complete the 5k spend for 100k with the platinum. I will garden for the year.  But what I want most is to learn how to display my cards on this site!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/t... 

Just set the width for the card image rather than the height.

Yea I tried and failed.  I'd rather have someone do it

Tell me what cards you have and and I'll PM you the code for them. 

I'll pm you

👍

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 82 of 184
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmoney144 wrote:

@Gmoney144, I fixed the code for your gold card for you. Smiley Wink

Any other questions/concerns about card images in siggys we can chat about in the smorg thread.

Message 83 of 184
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I will opt of of this topic and no strategy other than if a lender I don't have then game on.  I really didnt get alot of cards this year compared to others although still a decent amount, but cv-19 put lenders alot more conservative.  Now that a vaccine is on the horizon, be interesting to see how lenders react next years as people start to live a normal life again.

Nothing much to add either 😁 pretty much 'ditto' to @CreditCuriosity's comments.  Seems like we're on similar paths when it comes to gardening...or lack thereof.  

Message 84 of 184
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I will opt of of this topic and no strategy other than if a lender I don't have then game on.  I really didnt get alot of cards this year compared to others although still a decent amount, but cv-19 put lenders alot more conservative.  Now that a vaccine is on the horizon, be interesting to see how lenders react next years as people start to live a normal life again.

Nothing much to add either 😁 pretty much 'ditto' to @CreditCuriosity's comments.  Seems like we're on similar paths when it comes to gardening...or lack thereof.  

Out of curiousity, do you consider yourself a card collector or do you do it to chase SUBs? Try to have the highest possible CLs or a combination of all?  My strategy to this point is to get cards that maximize cash back rewards primarily, while trying to diversify with numerous lenders secondly. 

I'm just curious of the motivation of the people with tons of cards. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 85 of 184
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Out of curiousity, do you consider yourself a card collector or do you do it to chase SUBs? Try to have the highest possible CLs or a combination of all?  My strategy to this point is to get cards that maximize cash back rewards primarily, while trying to diversify with numerous lenders secondly. 

Same here, @JNA1.  But the answer is probably all over the map with a lot of different aims. 

There are some on My Fico with such high spending, whether personal or business, that they actually may need those multitude of cards and high limits to support their normal and reasonable spending.    That may not be so obvious to those of us with more modest means who just charge everyday household expenses and live on a smaller budget.

But moving on to those who do it for other reasons ...

• Some collect a lot of cards because they want to see how many total cards they can add. 
  • Some add new lenders for diversity, or want to see how many lenders they can add.
  • Some want high overall limits for utilization padding and their individual card approvals are insufficient to help them get to their goal.
  • Some want to see how high they can get their limits, even beyond what their reasonable spending needs require. 
  • Some keep tweaking their credit profile for better rewards or to lower APRs.
  • Some just want to experience different cards and lenders to "test drive" them.  
  • Some chase SUBs.

For many of this latter group, I'm guessing it can even be a mixture of motives and some of it may just be for the gamesmanship of it all, as a hobby.   I think there are points, though, where most everyone decides it's enough for now and it's time to take a break or reassess.  I doubt few of us are striving to enter the Guiness Book of World Records.*

*Incidentally, the record for number of valid credit cards is currently held by Zheng Xiangchen (China) with 1,562 cards as of July 30, 2019.  He put that collection together over six years after being inspired by the previous longtime recordholder, Walter Cavanagh of Santa Clara, California, who had 1,497 cards and a credit limit of about $1.7 Million.  (Some limits were as low as $50.)

Walter_Cavanaugh_1497cards.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 86 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

That's my EXACT reasoning. 

Message 87 of 184
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Aim_High wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Same here, @JNA1But the answer is probably all over the map with a lot of different aims. 

There are some on My Fico with such high spending, whether personal or business, that they actually may need those multitude of cards and high limits to support their normal and reasonable spending.    That may not be so obvious to those of us with more modest means who just charge everyday household expenses and live on a smaller budget.

• Some keep tweaking their credit profile for better rewards.
  • Some just want to experience different cards and lenders to "test drive" them.  
  • Some chase strategically pursue and optimize SUB opportunities.

I'm guessing it can even be a mixture of motives...   I think there are points, though, where most everyone decides it's enough for now and it's time to take a break or reassess.  I doubt few of us are striving to enter the Guiness Book of World Records.

@JNA1 - above are some key points that @Aim_High was nice enough to expand with some of my inputs. It is not all encompassing, but it is the gist of it.  That said, it is definitely not a "card collector" pursuit nor striving to be in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Message 88 of 184
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar That's one anticlimactic answer. Edit please (with juicy details). 

Message 89 of 184
Remedios
Credit Mentor

And this is how I got the ban hammer🤕

Message 90 of 184
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.