cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seven Years since CH 7 - can I get a good one?

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Re: Seven Years since CH 7 - can I get a good one?

I think YMMV with banks and BK. 

I had my Amex in BK and got Sky card few months ago.

BK in 2005.

Message 11 of 17
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

get a Southwest card from Chase in July 2012 after recon with Chase exec office

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 12 of 17
Settemio
Regular Contributor

I dont know rudy0720, Like I said, I had a BK on my credit and I was approved for a platinum Amex charge and a Delta credit Amex. both are 12.4% rate

Message 13 of 17
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

By the way I was denied my first CLI with Amex due to BK.

So I hope my BK won't stop me getting CLI I' I'm @ $2000.

Message 14 of 17
Settemio
Regular Contributor

DeadSpider, I just went from 4k to 10k on my Delta Amex a couple weeks back. I still have BK, maybe it was something else in combination with that. I asked with a 0 balance.

Message 15 of 17
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I'm 6 years 10 months since my BK7 and have the following that may be of interest:  

Barclaycard Rewards MC (1 point for purchases, 2 points for anything in travel category) TU puller

Alliant Platinum Rewards (cashback option with the points, about 1%)  EQ puller

State Farm Plarinum Rewards Visa (1% cash back on purchases, 2% for State Farm purchases like insurance premiums)  TU puller

Nordstrom Visa Signature (1 point per dollar spent, 2 points for Nordstrom Purchases, Nordstrom Notes are the rewards)  EQ puller, sometimes will pull TU as well.  

All are decent cards with plenty of benefits available.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 16 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

YMMV

Regardless of what the application says. I found that an old BK (7 yrs. plus) may not be an automatic denial. It all depends on the credit youve established since the BK.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.