Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sha na na na Heyeya GOODBYE!!

tag
One7
Valued Contributor

Re: Sha na na na Heyeya GOODBYE!!

Good riddance! Maybe one day they will step their game up but until then it's not worth your time having to jump through hoops of fire just to get a crumb. Once my secured card hits two years (right before the second AF hits) it's cut and I'm done with them. I do have the GM card through them that I will hold on to a bit to see how that goes but if the situation is the same then off with its head as well!!  Good luck

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 21 of 51
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@One7 wrote:

Good riddance! Maybe one day they will step their game up but until then it's not worth your time having to jump through hoops of fire just to get a crumb. Once my secured card hits two years (right before the second AF hits) it's cut and I'm done with them. I do have the GM card through them that I will hold on to a bit to see how that goes but if the situation is the same then off with its head as well!!  Good luck

Good Luck on that GM Card if there is such a thing in Crap1. Imagine running up to but not past the max with a 600 Limit, PIF, report zero then rinse n repeat again for months, then their sacred EO office deliberately wastes a perfectly good HP for nothing on a CLI request that was modest to say the least (400) in order to post an even 1000. With other Solid CC's that SL is 5K and above, no one has the time or patience to play their silly foolish games anymore and i think more and more customers are simpy fed up with them.

Message 22 of 51
One7
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

Good Luck on that GM Card if there is such a thing in Crap1. Imagine running up to but not past the max with a 600 Limit, PIF, report zero then rinse n repeat again for months, then their sacred EO office deliberately wastes a perfectly good HP for nothing on a CLI request that was modest to say the least (400) in order to post an even 1000. With other Solid CC's that SL is 5K and above, no one has the time or patience to play their silly foolish games anymore and i think more and more customers are simpy fed up with them.

Trust me, I won't hold my breath

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 23 of 51
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I did all the related house cleaning last night.  Cut up my card, deleted the iPhone app, deleted the favorite to their site from my browser.  Bittersweet in a lot of ways...

I think the best part may be not being tempted to read the endless barage of Crap One sucks threads on MyFico!

Now I just have to wait to see if there is any impact on my scores.  I'm not expecting much impact, but you never know.

Message 24 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feel the pain and the celebration. Closed 4 Cap1 personal accounts, 2 Cap1 business accounts and 2 HSBC/Cap1 accounts. They were my after BK accounts. Highest CL was $10600. Out grew them and replaced with prime cards from Chase, Barclay, Citi, USAA, US Bank, FNB Omaha, Discover and local bank.

Message 25 of 51
baller4life
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I did all the related house cleaning last night.  Cut up my card, deleted the iPhone app, deleted the favorite to their site from my browser.  Bittersweet in a lot of ways...

I think the best part may be not being tempted to read the endless barage of Crap One sucks threads on MyFico!

Now I just have to wait to see if there is any impact on my scores.  I'm not expecting much impact, but you never know.

I can't wait to do the same in a month or so. No need for Crap One in my wallet Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 51
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Some of us can count our lucky stars that we only got small taste of the difficulty Crap1 puts way too many customers thru and with Much Better solid lenders can simply poop can their cards and lock the door behind us for good AND FOR THE BETTER!  Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 51
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Well, I have to put on my Capital One cheerleader hat (they pay me $2 every 18 months to do this): while there is a lot of pain if you start with rebuilder cards, the relationship for those going in later can be fine.   Reps aren't great (but I've had bad luck with Amex as well) but the QuickSilver is really an excellent card, with the no-minimum, earn as transactions post, reward system.

So those who want to spend extra keystrokes calling it Crap One: don't rule out getting a QuickSilver later on because of earlier issues.  Yes, it may not "grow" with you, but with credit in decent shape, big CLs don't matter and you probably won't be putting a huge amount on uncategorized spend anyway.

Message 28 of 51
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Well, I have to put on my Capital One cheerleader hat (they pay me $2 every 18 months to do this): while there is a lot of pain if you start with rebuilder cards, the relationship for those going in later can be fine.   Reps aren't great (but I've had bad luck with Amex as well) but the QuickSilver is really an excellent card, with the no-minimum, earn as transactions post, reward system.

So those who want to spend extra keystrokes calling it Crap One: don't rule out getting a QuickSilver later on because of earlier issues.  Yes, it may not "grow" with you, but with credit in decent shape, big CLs don't matter and you probably won't be putting a huge amount on uncategorized spend anyway.

I don't get why people want to waste keystrokes and call it Crap one.... Just tells us their maturity level which would be pretty low in the Teens range imo 

While I still View Capital one as "sub prime" Specially when they give me $500 credit limit while I have much more with Chase, Citi, Amex, Discover and GE I still like my QS card for it's 1.5% CB ... Just be using it for buying Water or etc at CVS or wherever and let the CB grow to something substantial and get it as CB or maybe a gift card 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 29 of 51
keithB
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I don't get why people want to waste keystrokes and call it Crap one.... Just tells us their maturity level which would be pretty low in the Teens range imo 

While I still View Capital one as "sub prime" Specially when they give me $500 credit limit while I have much more with Chase, Citi, Amex, Discover and GE I still like my QS card for it's 1.5% CB ... Just be using it for buying Water or etc at CVS or wherever and let the CB grow to something substantial and get it as CB or maybe a gift card 

It's the mob mentality.  It's easier to hate on something and gain acceptance with the fellow haters then accept the rejection they feel when they get denied for the credit line increases they feel they are entitled to Smiley Very Happy

I actually have fun with my CapOne secured card - I discovered the card design center and get a new design each month, haha!  I'm like you, the CapOne I use for all my little stuff and I save the larger lines for the bigger purchases.  But I'm not much of a baller, I suppose - even with 9 other bankcards somehow I still find room for my CapOne in my wallet Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.