Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

She Has No Credit!!

tag
creditscore780
New Contributor

She Has No Credit!!

I'm trying to help my mom get some credit! She's never had a credit card before and wanted to know which one is the right one to apply for?

Starting Score: 432
Current Score: 573
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: She Has No Credit!!

Best Buy MC will approve with no score.

Then I would wait 6 months and then apply for Citi Forward and Amex Zync, then wait another 6 months and you should be open to apply for anything you want if she keeps her util low on those cards.

she doesn't have a score right?

Message 2 of 18
creditscore780
New Contributor

Thanks, No she doesn't have a score

Message 3 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

seeing your scores, my friend with a 493 also got a Best Buy MC.

do a search in top for best buy pre approval link and try the pre approval, they are handing out the gold card like candy.

be sure to use a phone number in the app that you are right next too, the computer system calls you while making a decision and says "checking connection, thank you" then the approval pops up!

Message 4 of 18
danisgods
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Then I would wait 6 months and then apply for Citi Forward and Amex Zync, then wait another 6 months and you should be open to apply for anything you want if she keeps her util low on those cards.

it doesn't really work like that, they dont just approve anyone, i have seen this before, and believe they will denny it in some cases.

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Message 5 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@danisgods wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

it doesn't really work like that, they dont just approve anyone, i have seen this before, and believe they will denny it in some cases.

who best buy? well that's why there is a pre-approval... not one person that i know or that has posted on here has been denied yet but I know it's still not a 100% sure thing just the best option for the situation i believe

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try getting a secured card from a banking institution. 

Message 7 of 18
creditscore780
New Contributor

I already applied last week, did the pre-approval and that was good then I applied for the card and was denied! They said because of a current HSBC card with bad history but I've never been late or over the limit, when I called they said they didn't see that I had applied for the card but it sure came up on my inquiry.

Message 8 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

where does she have a checking or savings account.   Do they have CC?

Message 9 of 18
creditscore780
New Contributor

She has a Chase Checking account

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.