Shell Gas Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shell Gas Card

@Anonymous wrote:
Smiley Wink Thanks King ~

hey no problemSmiley Wink

Someone made mention about a Chevron card, I've heard good things about them.

Message 11 of 19
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

74king wrote:
Maybe in a couple month's they will auto increase you...Smiley Wink Hang in there.

They might also auto-increase something else....like your APR.  I just received a notice in the mail that Shell (actually the Shell Mastercard) is increasing my APR from about 12% to 20%.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe in a couple month's they will auto increase you...Smiley Wink Hang in there.

They might also auto-increase something else....like your APR.  I just received a notice in the mail that Shell (actually the Shell Mastercard) is increasing my APR from about 12% to 20%.

Yea....never thought about it like thatSmiley Sad Hope that doesn't happen. I think Shell is a Citi backed card and they may have a bug up their butts as of late......I'll keep my fingers crossed.Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

In March 2009, I received a pre-approved offer from Chevron.  I thought what the heck, so I logged into their system, provided them with the info they requested and presto, I was automatically approved!  I don't generally use Chevron (I use Shell), so I thought, what the heck, so I did an online app w/Shell and presto, I was automatically approved...here's the kicker - they were applied for on the same day...the cards came in the mail on the same day - Shell limit was $200, Chevron limit was $700!  Now I use the Chevron simply b/c it keeps my util down b/c of the higher limit!  You may want to consider applying for a Chevron card...

800FICOwannabe

05/14/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 671, TU - 647
05/04/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 660, TU - 647
04/21/09 - FICO scores: EQ - 711, TU - 642
02/28/09 - updated Tri-Merge: EQ - 699, EX - 651, TU - 571
09/01/08 - starting scores Tri-Merge (Morgtage Enhanced): EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 14 of 19
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

800FICOwannabe wrote:

Now I use the Chevron simply b/c it keeps my util down b/c of the higher limit

The utilization ratio that factors most into the FICO scoring system is the cumulative utilization of available revolving credit across all credit cards.  However, maxing out your Shell card while filling up your RV may also have a negative effect on your score.

Message 15 of 19
boosie1979
Valued Member

Yes Credit Unions are the BOMB!!!! I started out with scores that was low 520's. I first got a secured card $300. I was approved for a car loan $18k and just today approved for an unsecured $1,500. They are more forgiving then any b/c just a few days ago I was denied for a Hooters and BOA!!!

My credit has really took a great turn within less than a yr. My FICO is 648 now.

Try the CU.. Good Luck!

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

its hard to keep to a 9% utility on gas card with a 200 limit if you plan on using the card. even if you pif it would be very hard.
Message 17 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Tracy727 wrote:
its hard to keep to a 9% utility on gas card with a 200 limit if you plan on using the card. even if you pif it would be very hard.

Just remember, you only have to be at 9% or less when the statement drops. Smiley Wink Make your payment several days ahead of time, and you can control the balance that is reported to the CRA's.

The balances that are on the card during the billing cycle don't affect your scores; only what's on the statement. (Or last business day of the month for HSBC/ Orchard bank cards and for US Bank cards.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 19
Bradsrq
Established Member

I got approved for a Shell  card about a year ago. Same limit as yours $200. So far they havent increased limit. I use the card quite a bit and pay it off every month. At the same time I got the Shell card also got a Citgo card with a $500 limit. They are issued by Citibank.::
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.