Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Discover is Awesome!!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Shop Discover is Awesome!!

I was able to purchase some dress shoes from Shoes.com in conjuction with Discover's website.  I got 15% cashback and free shipping.  Discover emailed me yesterday confirming the amount of cashback I earned.  Plus, I googled shoes.com discount codes and got an additional 10% off. You can't get that at a mall.  I saved time and money.  The shoes will be here tomorrow.  I just hope I can fit them!!   I now have $25.00 cashback total. Soon as my statement cut, I'll be requesting a giftcard.    Having good credit is the best no doubt about it.   Cash is not king!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Re: Shop Discover is Awesome!!

welcome to world of discover cashback

Message 2 of 12
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Shoes.com always has coupons for at least 20%. Plus, your cashback can be canceled if you use a coupon in conjunction with it (read their terms). You can almost always find a better deal than the one on shopdiscover

Message 3 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@ferrari wrote:

Shoes.com always has coupons for at least 20%. Plus, your cashback can be canceled if you use a coupon in conjunction with it (read their terms). You can almost always find a better deal than the one on shopdiscover

That doesn't make sense.  Discover has no way knowing I got a discount directly from Shoes.com and most likely don't care.   Plus, I did  not find what you said listed in the terms and agreements.  If you can post the alleged cancellation of cashback terms please post.

Message 4 of 12
BoSox617
Contributor

Ferrari is correct - and I have confirmed this with several Discover CSRs in the past when I wanted to make sure. 

That condition is right on the face of the shoes.com link on Discover's shopping portal.  Click on the shoes.com icon, and you will see a bulleted list of items, including "Offer is not valid in combination with any other offers".

One way to get around this - buy partner gift cards from Discover, then use them when a retailer offers a better discount than Discover's site does.  For example, I'll redeem $85 cash rewards for a $100 gift card from one of my favorite retailers.  Each year, said retailer offers a 20% discount on purchases around Christmas.  So I save up my partner cards to make a big purchase at that time, and save a significant amount.

I don't see partner gift cards for shoes.com listed, but Discover is always adding retailers, so check back often.

Message 5 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

I'm confused.  My discount that I found through google was applied to my order before payment.  When my charge posted to my Discover account, I received an email from Discover confirming my extra cashback reward. 

Message 6 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

Discount from shoes.com ($4.20)

Cashback from Discover

Retailer's Name
Date of Purchase
Cashback Bonus Amount

Shoes.com
 04/21/2011
 $5.67
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always use coupons in conjunction with shopdiscover. They don't really care, maybe only 1 out of 10 times did they detect I was using a coupon and voided the CB. I remember receiving a $50 CB by purchasing a laptop from microsoft store through shopdiscover. After the statement cut, I returned the laptop(not on purpose, just cuz it didn't fit my needs). The $50 CB was still in my account 2 months after I returned the laptop, so I ordered 2 gift cards and cashed it out.

Message 8 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I always use coupons in conjunction with shopdiscover. They don't really care, maybe only 1 out of 10 times did they detect I was using a coupon and voided the CB. I remember receiving a $50 CB by purchasing a laptop from microsoft store through shopdiscover. After the statement cut, I returned the laptop(not on purpose, just cuz it didn't fit my needs). The $50 CB was still in my account 2 months after I returned the laptop, so I ordered 2 gift cards and cashed it out.

Wow!  Atleast you waited 2 months.    I can't wait until my statement cut to order my giftcard. 

Message 9 of 12
mahendra82
Contributor

I had  a similar experience: I paid using a Visa but received the cashback. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.