Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Simplio BEWARE

tag
kflo01
Contributor

Shop Simplio BEWARE

So I will try to make this as short as possible and to the point. Shop Simplio is a scam if you are signing up with them to get a tradeline reported to the credit bureaus. They market their company as one that will help people rebuild their credit. So I signed up with them in EARLY September.  I was told the trade line would post in 60 to 90 days (God only knows why it would take that long) I have new tradelines post in 2 weeks or less.

Anyhow you all know the drill they sell cheap dropshipped Chinese products for triple the price. Again this is about getting the tradeline, not the product. I ordered the product and it came dropshipped but the tradeline hasn't posted.

So here is the kicker. I called their number and someone did actually pick up (with a hello, not a "thanks for calling shop simplio" but a hello lol). 

I told the "rep" that my tradeline has not posted. He claimed they sent it in Dec 1st and it should post by Dec 10th. Well, it has not. Straight scam. 

Then he asked me to send him a copy of my credit report to verify it did not post. **bleep**? So I have to send you a copy of my report to prove it didn't post? 

Anyhow avoid this company. If you are in need of a tradeline look into NCD Financial. They are legit 5k tradeline and it posted within 30 days.

Oh lastly so I went to their facebook page and they have one post a user saying how their tradeline posted and they are so great. ONE!! Guess what the user is from Hollwood, FL the same city the company is based out of. So it was probably just an employee or whoever put together their facebook page lol. Scam.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shop Simplio BEWARE

Insanity. People need to start thinking if its sounds too good to be true it probably is. 1 internet post should scream scam lol , thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

All these "catalog " companies are the same,  buy things way overpriced including the NCD you mentioned 😕.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah but Fingerhut is legit and if used right can be a better way to improve credit than these other so called lenders without much history. . Id take FH. over a My Jewelers Club or this SB Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
kflo01
Contributor

Yes we all know the stuff is over priced. Most people who get these tradelines like myself is just to lower utilization. My point is that they didnt come through and never will come through with the tradeline added which is the entire point of joining.  

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I felt the same and kept calling and asking about my account.

Today (after 4 months of waiting) my account posted... **bleep** YES - with a $2,500 credit line.

I reached out today and thank god i was able to speak to soneone that was a little chatty...  turns out becasue of their huge volume becasue of the special they were running there was a Small hold and their acct and it was released back to work last week.

Message 6 of 10
kflo01
Contributor

It FINALLY appeared on my report 3 days ago. $1500.00 limit. Reported back since Sept. I thought I have ID theft cause I totally forgot about this and thought they scammed the hell out of me (heck this post). They still suck imo but at least the trade line finally posted.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kflo01 wrote:

It FINALLY appeared on my report 3 days ago. $1500.00 limit. Reported back since Sept. I thought I have ID theft cause I totally forgot about this and thought they scammed the hell out of me (heck this post). They still suck imo but at least the trade line finally posted.

Thanks for the update. 

Other posters have said they only report for months there is a balance -- does this match your experience? And is it reporting as a revolving or installment account?

Message 8 of 10
kflo01
Contributor

The account is reporting as revolving. Age is 5 months even though I only made 3 months worth of payments. Status is Open.

Even though its been paid off for 2 or 3 months now it still shows I have a 68.00 balance. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kflo01 wrote:

The account is reporting as revolving. Age is 5 months even though I only made 3 months worth of payments. Status is Open.

Even though its been paid off for 2 or 3 months now it still shows I have a 68.00 balance

I did not have that issue - Did you make FULL payments for your item? Every item they sell have 2 payments, on the day you purchase and the 2nd one 30 days later - and as long as you are a paying member they will keep the account open.

(Mod cut-Im sorry video appears to be advert for a product and such is prohibited here on myFico-Thanks for your understanding)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.