Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShopHQ ValuePay INQ!

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

ShopHQ ValuePay INQ!

I logged in to quizzle only to find an alert about a new INQ on my CR.

I had bought a $$$ item from ShopHQ and used ValuePay to keep my balances from spiking all at once.  

So they did a hard pull!

I have used ValuePay in the past and they never did this before.

I see now that it is in the fine print:

What is ValuePay®? ValuePay® makes shopping with us more convenient! ValuePay® is a payment option that allows you to pay for purchases on your credit card, PayPal or ShopHQ Credit Card over a period of several months. Choosing to use ValuePay® is easy. When purchasing an item with the ValuePay® option, just select the ValuePay® option at the billing information page to take advantage of the offer. Your subtotal will be divided by the number of payments indicated (up to 6) into equal installments. Your first payment, plus applicable shipping and handling and tax (if applicable), will be charged to your payment method when the item is shipped. Your following installments will be charged to your payment method every 30 days thereafter. No interest is accrued from ShopHQ. Please note that orders submitted on ValuePay® are subject to credit approval and that ShopHQ reserves the right to make credit inquiries. Not all products or orders will qualify for ValuePay®. ShopHQ reserves the right to decline an order as stated in our Terms of Use.

IMO, the amount of the purchase is what triggered the pull.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Re: ShopHQ ValuePay INQ!

@pazuzu wrote:

I had bought a $$$ item from ShopHQ and used ValuePay to keep my balances from spiking all at once.  

So they did a hard pull!

What is ValuePay®? ValuePay® makes shopping with us more convenient! ValuePay® is a payment option that allows you to pay for purchases on your credit card, PayPal or ShopHQ Credit Card over a period of several months. Choosing to use ValuePay® is easy. When purchasing an item with the ValuePay® option, just select the ValuePay® option at the billing information page to take advantage of the offer. Your subtotal will be divided by the number of payments indicated (up to 6) into equal installments. Your first payment, plus applicable shipping and handling and tax (if applicable), will be charged to your payment method when the item is shipped. Your following installments will be charged to your payment method every 30 days thereafter. No interest is accrued from ShopHQ. Please note that orders submitted on ValuePay® are subject to credit approval and that ShopHQ reserves the right to make credit inquiries. Not all products or orders will qualify for ValuePay®. ShopHQ reserves the right to decline an order as stated in our Terms of Use.

Interesting.. I can tell you the same happened to me, but they HP. me the first time I ordered something on VP. but the 4 other orders no HP was done and all of my orders for the past 6 months have been about $500 each and only 1 inq. I called when I got the alert about the inq and the credit lady told me they only HP once, so far that's been true in my case but if they start hitting me with INQ. everytime I wish to use VP then I wont use it.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pazuzu wrote:

So they did a hard pull!

Guess it's time to change back to a seedling. Smiley Indifferent

That sucks about that INQ though.

Message 3 of 14
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

I am so glad that I read this post. I was just about to go onto that site to place an order. I wonder if it is the same for QVC.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 4 of 14
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

@finallyfixingit wrote:

I am so glad that I read this post. I was just about to go onto that site to place an order. I wonder if it is the same for QVC.

No, qvc doesn't do credit checks for their easy pay.

If someone has defaulted on easy pays in the past, they just won't let them use the option.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the ShopHQ CC? I've used value pay with my Amex and never got a HP. I wouldn't even know how they'd get your info (ss #) if it was on a regular CC.

Message 6 of 14
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you using the ShopHQ CC? I've used value pay with my Amex and never got a HP. I wouldn't even know how they'd get your info (ss #) if it was on a regular CC.

No, I don't have their card.

I did when they were ShopNBC, but they closed it due to inactivity.

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***

Message 7 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This!!!.

Used it multiple times with my Amex without a single HP. No where in Value Pay T&Cs it mentions that they are going to perform a credit check. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@finallyfixingit wrote:

I've been using QVC for a few years and ordered quite a few things from them. I've never had a HP from them. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think HSN and ShopHQ trigger a HP based on the type of card you use to make your payment. I recently tried to place an order with HSN on their FlexPay with a prepaid debit card and I got declined. I've placed orders in the past with HSN on a bank debit card and never got an inquiry. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.