Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopko Visa Being Issued by FNBO

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Shopko Visa Being Issued by FNBO

Hi all,

Ran across info that Shopko has just teamed up with FNBO to offer a Visa card. It appears its not limited to FNBOs normal area and its open nationwide to app for. If you are looking for a way into FNBO this might help you out.

https://www.firstbankcard.com/shopko/site/personal/personal.fhtml

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopko Visa Being Issued by FNBO

Thanks, gdale! I do shop at ShopKo. What's FNBO like? I don't know much about them.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Hi all,

Ran across info that Shopko has just teamed up with FNBO to offer a Visa card. It appears its not limited to FNBOs normal area and its open nationwide to app for. If you are looking for a way into FNBO this might help you out.

Gads! Did not know Shopko was even still alive and breathing (wonder for how much longer). They closed most of their stores in my area many years ago. As to FNBO, had two cards with them and their customer service is great ... the cards are at best middle of the pack with the regular Visa and American Express having less than stellar rewards and the Aprs tend to run on the high side. Now FNBO provides store cards where the Aprs are high to start with (like most other store cards) so I can't say much or heard any real complaints either.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Hi all,

Gads! Did not know Shopko was even still alive and breathing (wonder for how much longer). They closed most of their stores in my area many years ago. As to FNBO, had two cards with them and their customer service is great ... the cards are at best middle of the pack with the regular Visa and American Express having less than stellar rewards and the Aprs tend to run on the high side. Now FNBO provides store cards where the Aprs are high to start with (like most other store cards) so I can't say much or heard any real complaints either.

Thanks for the info on FNBO, Dinosaur! Don't know if the card would benefit me, since i have other rewards cards that I like to focus on. I really do like ShopKo, though, and the one where I live still seems to be going strong. I hope it doesn't ever get closed down. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the timely heads up.

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, gdale! I do shop at ShopKo. What's FNBO like? I don't know much about them.

They are a regional lender that is conservative usually to start if you have credit blemishes but the limit of the card(s) can grow very quickly if you treat them right. You can call in every 90 days to see if there is a pre-approved CLI waiting for you or not, there is no hard pull if there is. I have been able to use the cards right to the limit at times and take awhile to pay off without any AA. I have not seen any thread on AA from FNBO.

Message 6 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They are a regional lender that is conservative usually to start if you have credit blemishes but the limit of the card(s) can grow very quickly if you treat them right. You can call in every 90 days to see if there is a pre-approved CLI waiting for you or not, there is no hard pull if there is. I have been able to use the cards right to the limit at times and take awhile to pay off without any AA. I have not seen any thread on AA from FNBO.

+1

My only regret is that i didn't qualify much earlier with FNBO.

With a thin file and bunches of INQ's when i first joined this forum it was quite clear that they were desirable and met with nearly every expectation members found with them.

Coming up on what will be my very first year with FNBO i can confirm they are very worth the wait to get in with.

Message 7 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

Wow Shopko, I havent been there in years but when I used to spend summers in far northern wisconsin they were like the target off that region, this way like 15 years ago though haha. 

FNBO I have had a secured visa with them for 8 months, they always reject me for inquiries but did approve the secured card. Im going to wait about 6 months and try with them again as I am not really applying for much these days and waiting for inquiries to drop. 

I love hearing about new cards though, thanks for the info! and PS, I am eagerly waiting for FNBO to become generous to me! 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

An additional fact about FNBO, they are the largest privately held bank system in the United States and ranks at the top for ratings with the FDIC. You hear little about them as they are run very conservatively and stay pretty tight to their bank marketing area except when it comes to affinity and selected marketing campaigns for credit cards. They have a long life line and are very stable. Home is Omaha Nebraska and they have the tallest office building in Omaha.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale thanks for sharing this info - I get mail offers from them regularly but never looking into the bank itself asi I haven't heard of any products they have that I want.

On a side note, I chuckled at a Shop Ko card... Used to see them and shop at them a lot when I was a kid but didn't realize they are still around enough to warrant having their own co-branded credit card. In fact, I know of only 1 retail location anywhere near my city!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.