Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick question....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Cart Trick question....

Hi all! First time poster, long time creeper. I have gotten several cards doing the SCT. The one I REALLY want is Buckle. Being a 6'2 chick, Buckle is pretty much the only place I can find jeans long enough. I have tried so many damn times, it's ridiculous. My question is, each time you get ready to do the whole checkout and registration process, can you keep using the same email each time you try? My dumbass enters a new email every time. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated. Still new to all this credit repair BS! Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Cart Trick question....

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all! First time poster, long time creeper. I have gotten several cards doing the SCT. The one I REALLY want is Buckle. Being a 6'2 chick, Buckle is pretty much the only place I can find jeans long enough. I have tried so many damn times, it's ridiculous. My question is, each time you get ready to do the whole checkout and registration process, can you keep using the same email each time you try? My dumbass enters a new email every time. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated. Still new to all this credit repair BS! Smiley Tongue

Same email.

What does your EQ FICO look like? You might just not qualify yet.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

the email shouldn't matter - but things like middle initial might. also address differences.

If your credit was good enough for 3-4, it should be good enough for buckle. I would check your credit reports at the usual suspects (here,ck, etc) and see how your name and address appears directly on the credit report.

@Anonymous wrote:

i added my middle initial to the sportmans guide one i had been trying for months and got it 1st try.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up for the FICO 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring on here, switching from Identity Guard and my scores are not the same. FICO scores are, EQ 599, TU 633, EX 612. Identity Guard is showing, EQ 591, TU 627, EX 597. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

mike1979, I'll double check all you mentioned and make sure I'm entering info correctly. Thank you! 

Message 5 of 15
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

My 16-year-old son is about your height and honestly we had the hardest time finding jeans at Buckle for him.  I purchase his jeans and pants from J.Crew.  Yes, J. Crew is a little more expensive than Buckle.  But to ensure I'm getting a better quality and a precise fit, I order his clothes from there.  

J. Crew can also be obtained via the SCT and you can usually get higher CLIs with them quicker then with Buckle.

BTW.....he is also fairly slim.

Message 6 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

What other cards do you have? Rather than adding yet another store card with a toy limit, use a card that would yield some rewards.. Just an idea..

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

What other cards do you have? Rather than adding yet another store card with a toy limit, use a card that would yield some rewards.. Just an idea..

Normally i'd back you 100%

But the OP did state that they actually will be using this card.

Message 8 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

What's the advantage of using a Buckle store card over a cash back credit card?

"I have gotten several cards doing the SCT"  This line just scares me..

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

What's the advantage of using a Buckle store card over a cash back credit card?

"I have gotten several cards doing the SCT"  This line just scares me..

Believe me, that quote makes me shudder as well.

Assuming that Buckle is good about sending cardmembers good coupons like say Kohl's....Then it would be better to use that card.

@For example. I effectively get 10% CB @ Dick's Sporting goods with my Dick's card. No other card I have will match that.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.