Re: Shopping Cart Trick??

That's is correct, you must have 'opt- in' for the pop up
Message 11 of 47
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Wonder why i cant get any of the other store cards to pop up Smiley Sad

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 12 of 47
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Try clearing your browser cache.

Message 13 of 47
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

clearing cache didnt work Smiley Sad

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 14 of 47
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
That's is correct, you must have 'opt- in' for the pop up

If i opt back in....do you have any idea on how long it will take to be in effect? And can i opt right back out again?

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 15 of 47
toi34
Established Contributor

This "trick" does not work. I allowed pop-ups and cleared my cache a few times. I tried vs and Jcrew -- it does not work. I got other pop-ups for t-shirts and other specials, but not a preapproval window. I followed the the steps exactly.

Message 16 of 47
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

This "trick" does not work. I allowed pop-ups and cleared my cache a few times. I tried vs and Jcrew -- it does not work. I got other pop-ups for t-shirts and other specials, but not a preapproval window. I followed the the steps exactly.

I have Victoria's Secret, Catherines, The Avenue, Woman Within and HSN.  These were ALL approved with the "trick" and with an SP.  It didn't work in your case, but it does for many others including myself.  

First, did you set up an account at the site and if you did, are you using the EXACT mailing address as it shows on your CR's?  Secondly, are you opted-in and if you are, did you just do it recently?  If you just opted back in then it may take some time for you to get back on the list.

Also, I tried periodically for a good month or two before I finally got the pop up.  And it is not guaranteed that you will get it because it is still based on your credit worthiness.  If you don't meet the criteria then you will not get the offers.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 47
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

I have Victoria's Secret, Catherines, The Avenue, Woman Within and HSN.  These were ALL approved with the "trick" and with an SP.  It didn't work in your case, but it does for many others including myself.  

First, did you set up an account at the site and if you did, are you using the EXACT mailing address as it shows on your CR's?  Secondly, are you opted-in and if you are, did you just do it recently?  If you just opted back in then it may take some time for you to get back on the list.

Also, I tried periodically for a good month or two before I finally got the pop up.  And it is not guaranteed that you will get it because it is still based on your credit worthiness.  If you don't meet the criteria then you will not get the offers.

I just recently opted back in.....you mention e-mail address....I am signed up for VS's e mail's. I dont know if i  should use the same e mail address that they have on file or create a new one.....plus i didn't know e mail addresses showed up on CR.

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 18 of 47
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@creditYum wrote:

For VS, add something to your cart. Go to checkout as guest, fill in your information as it would appear on your credit report. After filling in your billing information, press continue. Then it will show a little popup instead of the next screen which tells you that you have been pre-approved. If you have visitied/shopped at VS.com before, try clearing the cache in your browser or using an incognito tab within google chrome. Good luck!

You said billing information...where you referring to payment info??? or just the address info

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 19 of 47
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@creditYum wrote:

For VS, add something to your cart. Go to checkout as guest, fill in your information as it would appear on your credit report. After filling in your billing information, press continue. Then it will show a little popup instead of the next screen which tells you that you have been pre-approved. If you have visitied/shopped at VS.com before, try clearing the cache in your browser or using an incognito tab within google chrome. Good luck!

You said billing information...where you referring to payment info??? or just the address info

This would be the name and address as shown on your credit report.  It must match exactly.  Again though if you've just opted back in it may take some time for you to get an offer.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.