Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick??

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick??

@Shellie:

Has the tricked worked for you? if so, how'd you do it? But yeah, it's probably not a good idea to max those cards out either. 

Message 31 of 47
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I haven't tried yet.  I am just now finding out about this.  I was asked to apply for a Maurices card during a shopping trip in-store last week and was approved.   That card gave me a 22pt score boost.  So I was thinking if other cards were soft pulls and could give a pump I might try.  It seems like people have a bunch of these store cards in this thread.  I only have 2cc so I'm not sure I want 10 store cards.  Haha! 

Message 32 of 47
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I haven't tried yet.  I am just now finding out about this.  I was asked to apply for a Maurices card during a shopping trip in-store last week and was approved.   That card gave me a 22pt score boost.  So I was thinking if other cards were soft pulls and could give a pump I might try.  It seems like people have a bunch of these store cards in this thread.  I only have 2cc so I'm not sure I want 10 store cards.  Haha! 

If it asked you to apply, I don't think this app was a SP... did you enter your full SS#?

Message 33 of 47
itisme1973

I am also in the process of trying to rebuild my credit and need to get a cc or something that is reporting and tried this trick.  It didn't work for me either; I tried HSN; Lanebryant and also VS!  I give up, guess I am just not meant to better my credit without having HP and getting denied! 

Message 34 of 47
lissa1184
Established Member

It really works! I tried it on VS and it said I was pre-approved for $500 I didn't take it since I don't need it now. I was just wondering if it would work. I really want a Maurices card but will wait until I am out of the garden for that.

Starting Scores May 2013: EQ 604 TU 661 EX 690
Goal Scores: 700+
Message 35 of 47
UpNComing
Established Contributor

This trick worked for me on everything but HSN.  Thats really the only one I would use.  Bummer Smiley Sad

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 36 of 47
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

They SP my EQ for HSN and I finally got the 500 card after I had a tax lien get magically removed. Before that they would not approve me. HSN was my last comenity card. I am addicted to HSN and my husband wants to destroy it. Closet watch HSN at work. 

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 37 of 47
Sactoflynn
Established Member

Finally got the shopping cart trick to work...

King Size $250

Fingerhut $300

JCrew $250

Ann Taylor $250

Small limits but its a start!  Yeah!!! finally got some store cards!

Starting Score: TU 536, EX 568, EQ 569
Current Score: TU 629, EX 653, EQ 604
Goal Score: All over 680

cards: CapOne Visa $750, CreditOne Visa $500, VS $250, Buckle $250, kingsize$250,
CARDS: Fingerhut $1,200, WF Visa $500, FP Visa $400, JCrew $250, Amazon.com $1,400, bill me later $550, Ann Taylor $250

Message 38 of 47
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Congrats.  I tried for an Express card for my husband and that worked without a clitch but JCrew kept going back to the first page...he got approved for Express $500 limit. 

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 39 of 47
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

I thought Fingerhut was a hp?
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.