Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Cart Trick

Shopping Cart Tricks that have worked for me - 2018:

Children's Place $500 CL (70 during checkout)
Victoria's Secret $350 (70)
Full Beauty $250 ($81.96)
NY and Co $500 ($67.96)
Jessica London $250 ($88)

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick

Thats alot of SCT cards to have from Comenity. Be careful playing with Comenity Roulette.
Message 2 of 66
AppHappyTog
Regular Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats alot of SCT cards to have from Comenity. Be careful playing with Comenity Roulette.

+1

I’ve got more Comenity cards than I’d like to admit. The only ones I’ve been able to get CLI on are pottery barn and J crew. Then they started hitting my EX with hard pulls for CLI requests that I didn’t even get. Ended up having to put EX on ice to avoid them once I realized what they were doing. My profile looks a little funny to me with a load of Comenity accounts on there, vs having a good solid amount of variety and because of those accounts it’s gonna be over another year before I can even app for a chase card that I’d actually like to have and use. 

I’d say stop where you’re at on those and only stick to the ones you’ll actually use. 

Current Scores 4/18: EQ8 645/EQ9 686/TU 664/EX 682
Starting Scores 10/17: EQ 590 /TU 592/EX 560
AAoA: 3y6mo
Message 3 of 66
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, sometimes we learn too late with Comenity or perhaps Synchrony by gobbling up all the goodies too fast. In that regard, they are slick as normally all the places people like to shop end up being Sync or Comenity.

Im down to 2 , PayPal Credit, which is hidden, and Zales but with no one to buy for, lol, that may be the next to goSmiley Wink.
Message 4 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've stuck by the addage of only getting a store card for a store that I would/do actually shop at and this has held me to one Comenity card (Wayfair) up until recently when I bit on the PayPal credit ad dangling before me time and time again. On the plus side, Comenity has been extremely gracious with the CLI's on that Wayfair card bumping it up about $1500 every month or so....now if only that PayPal credit line worked that way Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 66
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I made mistake of getting 5 stc all at once last may, and last August I took another.

while on most of the cards I get monthly big CLI and have had no problems with comenity (yet), I'm forced to not app for BJ's or other visa backed by them for fear of closure. Getting new prime cards after 5 stc was overly hard.

In May they will be 1 year and I will thin the heard. Be careful is my advise.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 6 of 66
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats the key with Comenity, if you want majors you have to play it safe. I understand they have some good majors with some nice Bt offers but too much uncertainty in even if you get a major how many store cards can one mix in without shutdown. Too many eggshells for me lol
Message 7 of 66
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I'm down to just the JCrew myself.   Going on the SCT spree when I first started my rebuild probably slowed down my progress by 8-12 months.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 8 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the SCT back in Decemeber and was approved for VS ($500) & Ann Taylor ($500). I was also offered a Pottery Barn card but I declined.

...Still haven't used the cards. 

Since then I've been approved for a Capital One card, upped the limit on my secured Discover card, was approved for a Target card (which I actually end up using once or twice a month), & Care Credit. Two SCT cards was enough to scare me straight since I know they're quick to close accounts.

Message 9 of 66
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Are you carrying balances on all those cards, or are the totals in ( ), just what you put into the SCT at check out??
Message 10 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.