cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick work while in the garden?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping cart trick work while in the garden?

@SirCredit wrote:

Good tips here guys, and I think you're right. I'll just make small purchase and pay off, aim for CLI's and hold off for a bit on new cards until I see my score break 700.

I think it was just the addiction of approvals and new lines of credit, but your advice makes sense. I would like the Lowes card though...

Sounds like a plan. Smiley Happy You are right about the addiction of approvals and new lines of credit. Most, if not all of us have been there. I certainly have. That is one purpose of "gardening," to talk with others who want to control those temptations of continuously trying for new approvals.  You can do it! It really does get easier as you go along. Good luck and welcome to MyFico!

Message 11 of 16
SirCredit
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@SirCredit wrote:

Good tips here guys, and I think you're right. I'll just make small purchase and pay off, aim for CLI's and hold off for a bit on new cards until I see my score break 700.

I think it was just the addiction of approvals and new lines of credit, but your advice makes sense. I would like the Lowes card though...

Sounds like a plan. Smiley Happy You are right about the addiction of approvals and new lines of credit. Most, if not all of us have been there. I certainly have. That is one purpose of "gardening," to talk with others who want to control those temptations of continuously trying for new approvals.  You can do it! It really does get easier as you go along. Good luck and welcome to MyFico!

Thanks man! Happy to be here Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 16
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

@SirCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SirCredit wrote:

Thanks man! Happy to be here Smiley Happy 

To my knowledge, Lowe's doesn't have a SCT anyways...it would be a HP...they are Synchrony not Comenity which is the only bank I've seen talked about offering SCT cards

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 13 of 16
rayneyday
Valued Member

@SirCredit wrote:

Okay, got it. Definnitely looks like I didn't fully understand the term. i'm new here, so will read up on it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

In more specific terms, I went on a spree and now have about 10 HP on my reports. Could the shopping cart trick still work, or do I need to hold off for some time?

With that many HPs, definitely think twice about any Comenity SCTs. They just burned me -- twice -- for "too many inquiries" (six). Approved for Wm Sonoma Visa and Overstock a few weeks ago, received the cards, then they closed them both a week later with zero use. No idea how bad this will hit my scores.  Smiley Sad

Feb '17: EQ 644/TU 615/EX 632 >> Jul '22: EQ 808/TU 817/EX 780
Cash 365 $12500 // Amazon Prime $6000 // Citi DC $5000 // Best Buy Visa $4000 // Discover IT $4600 // Cash+ $4500
AMEX BCP $15400 // Walmart $6000 // US Bank $10000 // Amex CM $1000 // Amex ED $4900 // Discover IT $7500
Message 14 of 16
SirCredit
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

..You can work on SP's for your current cards. 

What's an SP? Sorry, new here. Is there a place I can go to see all of the acronyms people use here?

Message 15 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SirCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

..You can work on SP's for your current cards. 

What's an SP? Sorry, new here. Is there a place I can go to see all of the acronyms people use here?

SP is "soft pull", i.e. a soft credit pull.

Here's a link to a thread that lists common abbreviations used on myFICO:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.