Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping for credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping for credit cards

I started with 2 Credit accounts one mail order credit that actually reports  900 limit and a cap one @ 500 limit had both for about 2 years with no late pays and no high limits so I fig out it was time to get an add. Card so I applied @ 5 cards com. got app. For 4 of them and I only thought I was going to get one if I was lucky  I got a  orchard bank @ 400  credit one @ 700  a Macy's for 700 and a WF for a 1000 WOW!!!!! 4 out of 5 not to bad for a score @ ex 642 Fako eq 623 Fico and tu 634 Fico and that is with 3 c/o that are between 3 and 5 years old the card I didn't get was a Chase card. Remember everyone there is a forth credit Bureau and it is INNOVIS they don't develop scores but they are the ones that provide all the prescreened offers make sure get one of there reports!!!!  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Shopping for credit cards

I would not keep the creditone... it has monthly fees and will grow VERY slowly.

I would probably ditch the orchard too if it had an annual fee.

you got WF, that is prime... you don't need these sub prime.

also call chase backdoor and try for reconsideration... you already took the inq.

Message 2 of 3
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopping for credit cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@I started with 2 Credit accounts one mail order credit that actually reports  900 limit and a cap one @ 500 limit had both for about 2 years with no late pays and no high limits so I fig out it was time to get an add. Card so I applied @ 5 cards com. got app. For 4 of them and I only thought I was going to get one if I was lucky  I got a  orchard bank @ 400  credit one @ 700  a Macy's for 700 and a WF for a 1000 WOW!!!!! 4 out of 5 not to bad for a score @ ex 642 Fako eq 623 Fico and tu 634 Fico and that is with 3 c/o that are between 3 and 5 years old the card I didn't get was a Chase card. Remember everyone there is a forth credit Bureau and it is INNOVIS they don't develop scores but they are the ones that provide all the prescreened offers make sure get one of there reports!!!!  

Why will you want to add AF cards like orchard / credit one? You have got a couple of good cards now.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.