cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

My #2 Goal for 2019, 2020,2021.... is to get back in with Amex!!
Not too far away from my #1 Goal which is....
To Get Back in with Amex!!
Have a Joyous and Wonderful Holidays my fellow myFICO citizens! Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

I’m not necessarily gardening this year, although waiting til late summer at least will be a goal since I’ll have several HPs hit the one-year mark by then and drop out of scoring.

Otherwise, it’s paying down my UTI as my wife’s illness and the addition on my house have driven it up quite a bit the last several months. Going to throw $1000/month at the cards and look to grow my Disco limit and my month-old AmEx relationship (and hopefully limits there as well). Finally, I’ll execute my Indigo card right before the AF is due to hit, as it’s only UTI padding at this point. Once I’ve done that, I’ll be sitting at 10-15% aggregate UTI and should hopefully be in the 680 range.
Message 12 of 83
imaximous
Valued Contributor

#1 is actually gardening for me on the personal side. I think I got all I need. (I always say that)
#2 is to get 2 more business cards. Only got 1 so far.
#3 is to get CLIs wherever I can without HPs. However, the 1 I really want is definitely going to require a HP, but that's ok.
Message 13 of 83
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

1. Keep Azeo and < 10% 

2. No Apps until 01/2020

3. Aquire mortgage 

4. Some time in 2020 get my first Chase card ever.

Message 14 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

No more new credit cards as I have opened 11 this year alone lol.

And of course Pay off my BTs from Discover, Citi and Amex.

Also will PC my Venture to a QS in June. I will also PC my Citi AA to the Mile Up card in July. I’m considering moving my Hyatt CL to my Amazon Visa then close the Hyatt. That alone would leave me with only 3 cards with AFs (Amex Gold, Citi Premier, Amex SPG)

I may get another Citi AA for the bonus since my 24 months would be over in July but not likely. I still have 81k miles left on my account.

That about sums up my goals.
Message 15 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

500/800

500K in total revolving credit, plus 800 Fico scores across the board. 

Message 16 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only goal is to pay off my remaining $50k on the mortgage without touching current savings/assets, it might take 2 years of ramen though.
Message 17 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

#1 is indeed gardening. (In an ideal world I'd garden until 2020 when I'm 0/24 and have Chase send me a pre-approved mailer and I'd write, "NO THANK YOU!" in bold red letters and mail it back. Of course I know they couldn't care less if I did that, but it would feel good to me...but alas that is NOT gonna happen...so goals are) :

#1 garden at least until October 2019 when only one of my HPs is scoreable and see what/if anything that does for my score.  Can't seem to break the 700 mark right now.   (Got a couple of baddies that will fall off in early 2019)

#2 STOP micromanaging my credit (and everything else in my life) and just use it naturally, no sub chasing, no multiple payments before statements cut, no AZEO since I'm not applying for anything major in the near future (I hope)

#3 Just paid Cap 1 QS1 af of $39 (they wouldn't waive or reduce it) Smiley Sad so, keep the card around until Nov '19 and then try one last time to PC it, or get annual fee waived. If they won't do it then, just cancel it. I don't want to keep paying to have that card when it is mostly in the sock drawer. I only kept it this year because it is my oldest...but only by 4 months, and I just got a $1500 CLI on it making it my 3rd highest limit card. Also consider canceling USB since if I can't get any CLI on it. At $500 limit it is a pain to keep it below 8.8% or even 28.8% util and I only use it for the utilities and cell phone 5% cash back

#4 continue to keep in mind that just because I have more spending power (I just got credit cards in 2017-2018 after almost 10 years of not having them) doesn't mean I have more PAYING power. I did NOT get an increase in salary, so higher limits mean less concern about a minor emergency wiping out my savings, but does not mean I can shop willy nilly just because more money is available to me, that's how I got in a pickle years ago.  Other than that I guess I  want to eventually ditch that Avenue card that I got for no good reason at all and my credit union is offering an Elan backed card with a $200 SUB for spending $500 in 90 days, I may take that offer the next time it comes around. otherwise, back to #1 Garden, garden, garden (figuratively AND literally---the seed catalogs are out!) Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @ajc

Yep, sounds like a winner the Powerball thingy. What’s that saying—you got to play to win. Yeah right 😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very impressive @jamesA. What’s your total revolving credit to date?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 20 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.