cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

Thanks @Nerd

And WooHoo on the Diamond. I can’t wait until I score one.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 31 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

This is a great plan @Tenaya. Keep your eyes on the prize.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 32 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

All

I am so enjoying reading everyone’s goals. They’re so refreshing and definitely reachable. Keep on forging ahead.

Message 33 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
@Very impressive @jamesA. What’s your total revolving credit to date?

Thank you, CI.

I began this journey at the end of May 2018 with 20,250 in CL. My initial goal was 100K for year-end 2018. I've exceeded that as I'm presently at 176,300 (plus 800 Office Depot biz card -- lol Citi -- I guess they don't like my business prospects!) 

Message 34 of 83
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Credit card goals for 2019:

1.  To incur no credit card interest charges for the fifth consecutive year.

2.  To add no new credit cards for the second consecutive year.

3.  To keep my FICO scores in the 800s for the fifth consecutive year.

4.  To transfer UR points to United miles for the airfare portion of two trips to Europe.

5.  To earn 25,000 UR points through regular spending.

5.  To earn $500 in cash back rewards through regular spending.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 35 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Garden, no hp’s until Oct 2020
2. Pay no interest
3. Cut out unnecessary cards, emphasize spend on Chase and Amex
4. 775 FICO
Message 36 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

4.  To transfer UR points to United miles for the airfare portion of two trips to Europe.

Impressive accomplishments, and goals, sir. Nicely done. 

Message 37 of 83
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Impressive accomplishments, and goals, sir. Nicely done. 

Thanks!  To put it in context, I carried balances and paid interest for 40 years.  Ten years ago, I had 95% utilization and was paying over $10,000 of interest each year.  I don't ever want to go back to that ugly place.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 38 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

High Fives all around to you @uppernwguy. Way to go on ##1-3.

Message 39 of 83
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Product change my Old QuickSilver accounts .....Get approved for a Hotel Keeper card with a free anniversary Night ....Reach over 100k in TCL ....I’ve pretty much smashed all my other credit goals this year....Need to just garden to get deeper history and higher scores .....

Message 40 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.