cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

CC goal is paying off the debts(CC debt) I occured moving into new house aka refrig/washer and dryer and all that good stuff along with some medical bills etc.. If I could knock that approx 20k off of my ledger in 2019 I will be a happy person.. Should get a nice refund due to new house and interest and the huge medical bills i incured so I might come close to that just from my refund check?  I can only hope Smiley Happy.

Note all is at 0% other than some of the medical crud which is a personal loan

Message 41 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

Love reading everyone's goals, it gave me some good ideas!

2. Double my SL across all my CC

3. Pay no interest in 2019

4. Get all my scores above 750
Message 42 of 83
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:
#1 is actually gardening for me on the personal side. I think I got all I need. (I always say that)
#2 is to get 2 more business cards. Only got 1 so far.
#3 is to get CLIs wherever I can without HPs. However, the 1 I really want is definitely going to require a HP, but that's ok.

I lied in #2. I just got approved for another business card. 1 more to go. Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 83
difringe
Established Contributor

I've only had one card for about 3.5 years, so my goals are pretty modest. Would like to open 3 new cards, and if I'm lucky get a CLI on my existing card (capital one, so shouldn't use a hard pull)

I guess another goal would be to get to 750 credit, but that might be a little ambitious lol 725 is much more realistic

Message 44 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy @imaximous

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 45 of 83
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol imaximous already broke his vow and we arent even in 2019 SMHSmiley Wink. Ah well, guess thats why its choice #2Smiley Wink
Message 46 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

My biggest goal is to open a specific new card in January - it's a secret cuz I don't want other people jacking my idea and potentially getting the institution to close that door. But I'll post in the forum *when* I'm approved Smiley Wink. I'll be apping in January so I should know relatively soon.

My other main goal is to open a new Amex platinum, hopefully I can tag the 100k bonus on the vanilla one. Might open another Amex cc, probably the Hilton honors no fee card or if not then the everyday no fee card.

Other than that, keep everything paid off and don't get any accounts closed rofl.
Message 47 of 83
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol imaximous already broke his vow and we arent even in 2019 SMHSmiley Wink. Ah well, guess thats why its choice #2Smiley Wink

Nah. Why procrastinate when I can get a step ahead in 2018 😂

Message 48 of 83
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Goals for meSmiley Happy

Garden of course ( this ones sooo hard LOL)

I am going to try and consolidate some cards ( NFCU and Penfed) and get rid of some others (mainly store cards), so I only have a couple of credit cards overall.

For the love of god wait for AMEX for a CLI on any of my cards lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 49 of 83
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Read my lips...no new debt.

Get ready to live on retirement income within 5 years (7 years earlier than needed).

Message 50 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.