cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

Awesome goal @kilroy

The best advice I received at a cookout when I was contemplating retiring—payoff debt, which I did. No credit card debt, no vehicle debt, no loans.

I prescribe it. Life is good!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 51 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

@4phantom, Is the secret card an Ink Business Preferred so you can buy a Tesla? 😂🤣😂🤣

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/08/16/29-year-old-keith-rosso-bought-a-60000-doll...

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 52 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

2019 for me is all about combining limits and closing unneeded cards. Starting with the 11 AMEX cards I have which I will cut down to 5. I have 4 other cards on the chopping block as well. Hopefully I'm able to chop all 10 of them by Dec 2019. Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 83
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol imaximous already broke his vow and we arent even in 2019 SMHSmiley Wink. Ah well, guess thats why its choice #2Smiley Wink

Nah. Why procrastinate when I can get a step ahead in 2018 😂

Haha, actually, you did good. Get it out of the way now and 2019 is a clean slateSmiley Wink

Message 54 of 83
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My biggest goal is to open a specific new card in January - it's a secret cuz I don't want other people jacking my idea and potentially getting the institution to close that door. But I'll post in the forum *when* I'm approved Smiley Wink. I'll be apping in January so I should know relatively soon.

My other main goal is to open a new Amex platinum, hopefully I can tag the 100k bonus on the vanilla one. Might open another Amex cc, probably the Hilton honors no fee card or if not then the everyday no fee card.

Other than that, keep everything paid off and don't get any accounts closed rofl.

Uh oh, can you say FOTMSmiley Happy Smart man/ woman lol, we've trained you well. Get it before we break it. I like it. GIBWEBISmiley Wink

Message 55 of 83
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Goals for meSmiley Happy

Garden of course ( this ones sooo hard LOL)

I am going to try and consolidate some cards ( NFCU and Penfed) and get rid of some others (mainly store cards), so I only have a couple of credit cards overall.

For the love of god wait for AMEX for a CLI on any of my cards lol

Say 10 myFICOS and pray that Remedios has mercy on your soulSmiley Wink

Message 56 of 83
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@kilroy8 wrote:

Read my lips...no new debt.

Get ready to live on retirement income within 5 years (7 years earlier than needed).

Is that you Billy??😁

Message 57 of 83
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It's not really a goal, but both of my kiddos will be driving by the next spring, so I guess instead of a goal, I see two car loans in the near future

Message 58 of 83
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

Lol imaximous already broke his vow and we arent even in 2019 SMHSmiley Wink. Ah well, guess thats why its choice #2Smiley Wink

Nah. Why procrastinate when I can get a step ahead in 2018 😂

Haha, actually, you did good. Get it out of the way now and 2019 is a clean slateSmiley Wink

LOL. I did try, in fact. I applied for 2 business cards back to back, but one got denied. Sir Barclays wasn't too fond of the 11 new accounts I got this year Smiley Very Happy

Message 59 of 83
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Maximize cash and points back while not adding debt. It feels good to pay for stuff with rewards in December or for treating myself. Of course, stay in the garden!!!
Message 60 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.