cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

Break 700 score, so far it looks like Transunion is the closest(680) followed by Experian(679) and EQuifax is lowest(652)Smiley Frustrated

Message 61 of 83
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Re: Short & Sweet. What’s your #2 2019 credit card goal? Let’s assume gardening is #1.

My goals are always to just do the best I can and continue to manage my finances as I have. I don't really have any score goals anymore as they are all high. I still want to add a Citi DC card but I'm not sure when I will. I will be inquiry free on all my bureaus except one on EX after March. I've been in the garden for about 18 months now but that will change in May or June when I lease a new truck. 

Message 62 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely no gardening.  Too much money to be made.  More business cc sign up bonuses early in 2019, and a couple personal sub's as I slowly taper off and hand the torch over to player 2 who is primed and ready.  She'll start with chase cards slowly through the year and then full on throttle in 2020 while I take a much needed 2-year break.  Looking forward to having her get all the cards I got.  Also excited to get the SW companion pass again.  Very successful 2018 with over 800 K pts, and big cash back from our business spark.  Good enough to consider the CC game a side gig.

Message 63 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
It's not really a goal, but both of my kiddos will be driving by the next spring, so I guess instead of a goal, I see two car loans in the near future

Oh these kids today are so lucky. The only car I got when I graduated was a Hooptie Robot Very HappySmiley Very HappyRobot Very Happy and I was so excited just to have wheels. 

I couldnt drive my parents’ car around the corner without my mom as a passenger. And get this—she never, ever had a driver’s license—100% backseat driver. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 64 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@EdMan63 wrote:

My goals are always to just do the best I can and continue to manage my finances as I have. I don't really have any score goals anymore as they are all high. I still want to add a Citi DC card but I'm not sure when I will. I will be inquiry free on all my bureaus except one on EX after March. I've been in the garden for about 18 months now but that will change in May or June when I lease a new truck. 

@Kudos to you @edman! And beautiful Emerald by the way. I’m really going to try very hard to get the diamond. No promises though Robot tongue

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 65 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
It's not really a goal, but both of my kiddos will be driving by the next spring, so I guess instead of a goal, I see two car loans in the near future

Oh these kids today are so lucky. The only car I got when I graduated was a Hooptie Robot Very HappySmiley Very HappyRobot Very Happy and I was so excited just to have wheels. 

I couldnt drive my parents’ car around the corner without my mom as a passenger. And get this—she never, ever had a driver’s license—100% backseat driver. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Bought my first car in high school with my own savings from washing dishes and bussing tables at local Chinese restaurants, $800 78' 280z with a totaled title due to flooding, the thing was so rusted I can see the road under my feet while going 100+ MPH. Smiley Surprised

Message 66 of 83
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@CreditInspired wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Bought my first car in high school with my own savings from washing dishes and bussing tables at local Chinese restaurants, $800 78' 280z with a totaled title due to flooding, the thing was so rusted I can see the road under my feet while going 100+ MPH. Smiley Surprised

@If only I could stop laughing. @Anonymous, you made my evening. This cracked me up. 

Message 67 of 83
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Outside of the gardening, I have no direct plans to HP for anything in 2019. So my #2 would be growing what I can through SP increases. My utilization is already holding steady at 1%. Not much going on for me. I know...boring! lol

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 68 of 83
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

#1 is "try" to garden.
#2 is close a few cards.

If #1 doesn't work, then #2 moves up in rank, and the new #2 goal would be to Combine Discover cards (round 2), and CLI USB and BOFA

Message 69 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. No new cards

2. Pay off BT on AmEx ED

3. Possibly upgrade CSP to CSR 

Message 70 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.