cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot at Amex BCE?

tag
wheeee1234

Shot at Amex BCE?

I'm planning on going for the BCE in the next couple months.  Even though my overall credit profile is pretty good, I'm worried because I've heard that they're inquiry sensitive.  Here are my stats if anyone has any thoughts:

FICO Scores: 

TU 773

EX 746

EQ 768

Inquiries*

TU Last 3 months: 0 | Last 6 months: 0 | Last year: 1 | Last 2 years: 2

EX Last 3 months: 0 | Last 6 months: 1 | Last year: 3 | Last 2 years: 5

EQ None in the last 2 years

AAoA: 4 years

Credit history: 10 years

No missed payments/defaults/etc.

Util: ~5%

Total available credit: $38,000

If I'm missing any other info that would be helpful let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Re: Shot at Amex BCE?

I would say you're in great shape.  Apply away!

I was approved with less score and more inqs.

Message 2 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex primarily pulls EX and will pull additional bureaus if you are borderline. Based on your I formation, you have 4 inq's - that should not be a problem at all.
What other cc's do you currently have?
Do you spend more than $250 a month in groceries?
Message 3 of 18
wheeee1234

@09Lexie wrote:
Amex primarily pulls EX and will pull additional bureaus if you are borderline. Based on your I formation, you have 4 inq's - that should not be a problem at all.

I have a BofA Visa and Citi MC that are essentially sock drawered, Nordstrom store card, and CSP which is now my main card.

Depending on how motivated I am to cook, I spend $200-300 on groceries.

I mainly want an AmEx because I just got a Costco membership but I never have cash on me.

Message 4 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Have you thought about the BCP? There is an AF but you will make that back with your grocery bill
Message 5 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

+1 BCP is the way to go if your spend alot at grocery stores

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Great job! Let us know when you're approved! Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 18
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

You are good. I just got BCE and Delta Skymiles last week with a 9 year old Chapter 7 BK still showing and I burned AMEX in the BK

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Get BCP! and apply now... should be no reason not to be approved.

Message 9 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@wheeee1234 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I have a BofA Visa and Citi MC that are essentially sock drawered, Nordstrom store card, and CSP which is now my main card.

Depending on how motivated I am to cook, I spend $200-300 on groceries.

I mainly want an AmEx because I just got a Costco membership but I never have cash on me.

Another option i would think about is the Amex Costco card, its not too shabby. you get 3% on gas 2 % on restaurants and 1% on everything else i believe. Correct me if i am wrong its the only amex card that can get you 1% at costco ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.