Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot at Amex BCE?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Shot at Amex BCE?

@09Lexie wrote:
Amex primarily pulls EX and will pull additional bureaus if you are borderline. Based on your I formation, you have 4 inq's - that should not be a problem at all.
What other cc's do you currently have?
Do you spend more than $250 a month in groceries?

+1

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 18
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

you are good to go! You will have no problem getting approved if you apply today. I have a feeling you will get a nice starting limit!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 18
RushXTC
Established Contributor

I was approved (Invite code through the mail, But that doesn't mean anything) and I don't have half as great history as you... (I have perfect history, But time wise not as good)

Message 13 of 18
JonStur
Established Contributor

I have both the Costco True earnings and the BCE, as opposed to the BCP..love them both. You should be just fine...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 14 of 18
minipoly1
Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@wheeee1234 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Amex primarily pulls EX and will pull additional bureaus if you are borderline. Based on your I formation, you have 4 inq's - that should not be a problem at all.
What other cc's do you currently have?
Do you spend more than $250 a month in groceries?

I have a BofA Visa and Citi MC that are essentially sock drawered, Nordstrom store card, and CSP which is now my main card.

Depending on how motivated I am to cook, I spend $200-300 on groceries.

I mainly want an AmEx because I just got a Costco membership but I never have cash on me.

Another option i would think about is the Amex Costco card, its not too shabby. you get 3% on gas 2 % on restaurants and 1% on everything else i believe. Correct me if i am wrong its the only amex card that can get you 1% at costco ?

I though you can pay at Costco with any Amex card and get cashback?

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 15 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I assume you get whatever rewards your Amex card has at Costco. So if you use bcp, you get 1% cash back. However, if you use at Costco gas, bcp will only give you 1%. Amex Costco only card that will give you more than 1% at Costco gasoline.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 16 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Spend at least $210 a month in groceries and the BCP pays for itself! Any gas spending or department stores over that amount just improves that cash back. I am single and went with the BCP and I'm happy I did! Although I also use it for gift cards from time to time Smiley Wink

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 17 of 18
wheeee1234

Thanks everyone!  As tempting as it is to get it now, I just got the CSP a few months ago so I don't want to pull the trigger quite yet.  It'll also give me some time to evaluate my grocery spending (which has been low lately to the dismay of my husband) to see if I should get the BCP.  I'm hesitant just because the CSP has an AF too, but I suppose if I spend enough it will be worth it.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.