Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot down for Chase Amazon?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Shot down for Chase Amazon?

I've been terrible. I've apped again. This time, for Chase Amazon. I had a good reason (we all do). I've come to the decision to close my Capital One card (extremely rude CSR omg) Anyway I've decided to take my business to Chase. I got approved for Freedom at 3k a few days ago so I said HEY I would like two VISAs and just close my CAP1 card out since Chase gave me a generous limit.

Unfortunately I got that 30 day message saying my application required further review. I'm sensing a denial here or maybe their identity system is detecting two applications and requiring identity verification? The recon analyst are gone for the day so I'll probably check back tomorrow. Wish me luck! I am not taking no for an answer after taking another HP!

I need app AA ASAP. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: Shot down for Chase Amazon?

Im sure you'll be ok... are they open weekends??

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 2 of 25
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Keep us updated!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 25
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Chase's computer will usually deny an application if you submitted an application within thirty days, and they usually do not even check credit when this happens. I got the same thing and it took five minutes to get approved for another card.

Message 4 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Chase's computer will usually deny an application if you submitted an application within thirty days, and they usually do not even check credit when this happens. I got the same thing and it took five minutes to get approved for another card.

Oh good! So there's hope! I hope they used the same report to make their decision then!! I'll definitely call them in the AM to recon!

Message 5 of 25
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I just got approved for two personal Chase cards. To have a good possibility you usually have to apply on the same day, if not you will most likely get a message saying you have to wait to apply for another card. Good Luck though Smiley Happy

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 6 of 25
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I hope you give a good recon and get approved for it!

If CapOne is not worth your business/won't raise your limit and there's no AF, try to sockdrawer them. If not, axe it!!

Best of luck! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pahahaha! We're all credit addicts!! I'm still app free since... Oct 1st hahha. I'm anxious to get my first Amex bill, wooooo!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 25
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Oh good! So there's hope! I hope they used the same report to make their decision then!! I'll definitely call them in the AM to recon!

Yeah, you will most likely have to call in.  The Chase computer will deny you if your apps are too close together.  That happened to me a while ago and when I called in she said she would make "an exception"Smiley Indifferent for me and do a manual review. 

So all hope is not lost but if you wait for the letter it will probably be a denial.  Plus screw waiting 30 days.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 9 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Little update here...

So apparently a recon was not necessary. I received this in my inbox this morning.

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Amazon.com Consumer Rewards Visa® Card. Your new card has been automatically added to your Amazon.com account as your default payment method. Before using your card, obtain your cardmember agreement and other important information about your account through the link below. Once you have obtained your cardmember agreement, you can start using your card immediately.

I guess they really did need additional time to process my application. I even double checked my Amazon account and the card has been added as a default payment with a little nice surprise...a $30 gift card! Mahah! I am shocked by the credit line however---$1,500 wth. It's a bit off from my CL on my freedom card (3k). I am going to call and ask Chase to match my Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom. Would they have to HP my credit again? And should I do it before or after I activate my card?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.