Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App For Sapphire ?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Should I App For Sapphire ?

2 chase apps in the past 3 months, approved for both (Slate CL $6k & United CL $15k)  - Is there a max amount of accounts you can have a Chase, or would my app be underwritten based on credit alone ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I App For Sapphire ?

@n777ua wrote:

2 chase apps in the past 3 months, approved for both (Slate CL $6k & United CL $15k)  - Is there a max amount of accounts you can have a Chase, or would my app be underwritten based on credit alone ? 

I have 3 cards with Chase (Slate, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred). You are allow to have up to 7 CCs with Chase. As always, YMMV........

The Sapphire Preferred has a nice sign up bonus. Just google. I use it mainly for travel & dinning where you get 2pts = $1 and no FTF.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow....this is interesting. I have read in other threads that you cannot apply for another Chase card for 6 months after you are approved for a card.

I don't have any opinion on the Sapphire card, although I have read threads on here with folks who like the card very much.

Message 3 of 12
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I am not aware of that. From what I understand is you can't app for another card within 6 months if you are declined by Chase for one of their credit card.
Message 4 of 12
Guava
Established Contributor

Chase used to have that rule where you can only get 1 Chase card within 6 months, but that's no longer the case. But they still tough with approving multiple cards in a short time, so YMMV

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 12
n777ua
Established Contributor

App'd and got the 7 day message, will call today and see whats up. I'll post my results here. Cheers....
Message 6 of 12
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@n777ua wrote:
App'd and got the 7 day message, will call today and see whats up. I'll post my results here. Cheers....

Good Luck!

I'd def leave the garden for this card if it ALSO offered Primary Rental protection... sigh!

Message 7 of 12
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

Which Sapphire did you app for if you don't mind me asking?

Message 8 of 12
n777ua
Established Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@n777ua wrote:

Which Sapphire did you app for if you don't mind me asking?

Preffered.

Called the recon # and spoke with a credit rep, app denied due to inq . . 6 this calendar year. doh'! Guess I'll try again in 6 months since inq isn't really something I can recon or dispute.

Cheers.

Message 9 of 12
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow....this is interesting. I have read in other threads that you cannot apply for another Chase card for 6 months after you are approved for a card.

I don't have any opinion on the Sapphire card, although I have read threads on here with folks who like the card very much.

Got a Chase Slate card about 3 weeks ago; Applied for a Chase Fredom (for the free cash bonus) yesterday at 10:00P PST and was approved today at 07:30A PST.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.