cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App Spree? Please & Thank You for any advice...

tag
mondlight
Established Member

Re: Should I App Spree? Please & Thank You for any advice...

I've never actually considered an Amex card. I always thought that the bk would be a hurdle for Amex, BofA, Citi, Chase, etc. Not sure if I am on Chase's files for the bk or not (do they blacklist?)

Starting Score: 693 (EQ myFICO), 667 (Credit Karma), 722 (Credit Sesame) as of 6/17/2013
Current Score: 700 (EQ myFICO), 671 (Credit Karma), 722 (Credit Sesame) as of 6/28/2013
Goal Score: 750+

Gardening until 1/1/2014 or later!

VentureOne $5500 // Discover It $1500 // Amazon Store $1800
Message 11 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase has a long memory. You could try and if they do have you in their system, it here wouldn't be a HP.

I would app Chase Freedom, Amex PRG and Discover It.
Message 12 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Since your bk is 8yrs old, why not Amex PRG?

Great travel reward card 

Yes, but you have to spend a lot of money (well to me at any rate and my income doesn't suck) to really justify it.  Moderate travel something more in lines of a BOFA Travel Rewards or potentially even a CSP which has alternate uses may suit better.  Chase can be sticky with BK's though so that maybe out, I'll admit to not being hip regarding who will approve what with an 8 year old BK.

        
Message 13 of 26
mondlight
Established Member

My biggest fear is getting a decline and wasting a HP. I want to keep it below 3 for any bureau. (Below 2 if possible) I want to buy a new laptop soon, which is why I was considering the Amazon - I know their store card has financing offers.

Starting Score: 693 (EQ myFICO), 667 (Credit Karma), 722 (Credit Sesame) as of 6/17/2013
Current Score: 700 (EQ myFICO), 671 (Credit Karma), 722 (Credit Sesame) as of 6/28/2013

Message 14 of 26
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Welcome to myFICO and good luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 15 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The Amazon store card seems to be possible as GECRB does have some leeway with an older BK.  Discover not so much with the presence of a BK; however, everyone's experience differs since your BK is nearly 10 years old and may offer that possibility.  AMEX, I wouldn't bother until that BK is off your CR.

Message 16 of 26
sniggy20
Valued Member

monlight:  Welcome to the Forums,

I too have a BK 7 the same age (9/2005).  One year ago got a pre-approval for Discover( included in my BK) and Wells Fargo(have relationship) and had no inquiries.  Applied and got approved for both with cl 10,000 and 12,000 respectively.  I was grand-fathered into Chase with the Washington Mutual buy-out and they too were included in my BK7.  So don't be afraid of credit but respect credit and take your time in your selection.  My first big approval after BK was Barclay Juniper 5yrs. ago and they are BK friendly.  You'll get lots of info and support on these forums and you've started out right by asking help.  As with all info YMMV.  Good Luck in your re-building, it can be done!

Sniggy: BK7 9/2005

Exp Fico   737

TU  FICO 706

EQU Fico 706

Message 17 of 26
mondlight
Established Member

Thank you all for being such a welcoming community and giving me such great info! I'm thinking I'll either app next weekend, or wait another month until my util is less than 5%. I'll try for the Discover It first, since it's the card I really want. I hear such great things about Discover, and have read a lot of great info on these forums about them too. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mondlight wrote:

Thank you all for being such a welcoming community and giving me such great info! I'm thinking I'll either app next weekend, or wait another month until my util is less than 5%. I'll try for the Discover It first, since it's the card I really want. I hear such great things about Discover, and have read a lot of great info on these forums about them too. Smiley Happy

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.