Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App?

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Should I App?

Credit scores are about 675 Eq, 690 Tu, 650 Ex. I have an open collection on Ex that isn't on the other 2 (< $1000). A c/o from 2008 that was paid in 2011. One 60 day late 3.5yrs ago on a card I am an AU on that I keep as it is greatly weighing down my AAoA. AAoa is 3.5yrs.

I have 5 open cards in good standing. Util is about 25%. I have several new ones in the past year, but none less than 6mo's. 3-5 Inq's.

I just got a major CLI from Cap1 that won't report for 2 weeks. Average limit is about $1.5k.

I got a pre-selected offer for Citi's Thank You, with 0% introductory (I tried the pre-qualified check on their site and got no dice.) I really would like this card, assuming it doesn't come with a joke limit, I am really hoping to get my first prime card. They turned me down about 6 months ago but my scores have vastly improved since then and I wasn't savvy enough to call for recon.

I am shopping for a home and was pre-approved, but have decided I would be best off waiting 6 months to have a lot more cash.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I App?

@Peter1142 wrote:

Credit scores are about 675 Eq, 690 Tu, 650 Ex. I have an open collection on Ex that isn't on the other 2 (< $1000). A c/o from 2008 that was paid in 2011. One 60 day late 3.5yrs ago on a card I am an AU on that I keep as it is greatly weighing down my AAoA. AAoa is 3.5yrs.

I have 5 open cards in good standing. Util is about 25%. I have several new ones in the past year, but none less than 6mo's. 3-5 Inq's.

I just got a major CLI from Cap1 that won't report for 2 weeks. Average limit is about $1.5k.

I got a pre-selected offer for Citi's Thank You, with 0% introductory (I tried the pre-qualified check on their site and got no dice.) I really would like this card, assuming it doesn't come with a joke limit, I am really hoping to get my first prime card. They turned me down about 6 months ago but my scores have vastly improved since then and I wasn't savvy enough to call for recon.

I am shopping for a home and was pre-approved, but have decided I would be best off waiting 6 months to have a lot more cash.

Thoughts?

If you are for sure not getting the house for 6+ months I would go ahead and take the offer for the citi now.

Message 2 of 8
Peter1142
Established Contributor

I'd just be really pissed off if I wind up getting a BS $500 limit. Everyone always pulls EX and my EX sucks comparatively.

Anyone have any idea what ballpark they'd offer me?

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I always seem to see Citi giving much higher starting limits than most.

Message 4 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

If you are 6 months out from a home shopping experience so that you can make a larger down payment you should not consider any new cards whatsoever. This is also the perfect time to increase scores for better rates to go with that extra cash...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

If you are 6 months out from a home shopping experience so that you can make a larger down payment you should not consider any new cards whatsoever. This is also the perfect time to increase scores for better rates to go with that extra cash...

+1

Now, if things change and you do not foresee the home purchase in about 12 months, then sure... but anything less, I wouldn't app.

Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 7 of 8
Mustang09

+1

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.