Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Bother Responding to Cap 1 "We Want to Win You Back"

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Should I Bother Responding to Cap 1 "We Want to Win You Back"

Well Said, Cap One had a chance at your

business and they chose not to care.  It's what they do.  You've got awesome cards that will grow.  Cap One is not worth your time.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 11 of 21
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't bother, its 3 HP's to get back in with CapOne and unless you are approved for a prime card you are stuck with the CL you get. There are better cards without the 3HP's and same or better rewards. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Anyone here have success getting a prime Cap1 with just 1 HP?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 21
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Yes just freeze 2 of 3 reports
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 14 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That's not considered ethical by the forums here. Creditors should be able to pull who they want to pull and freezing files restricts them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 21
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

@Changingmantra wrote:

I started rebuilding in 2008 - in that year I was approved for two Cap 1 cards: 1 Visa 1 MC.  Four years later, I had closed both cards, with having closed the MC before this summer.  The CL on that had gone from 300 to $3350, but it took a long time to get that, and whenever I called CS  about a CLI- I got the standard messages... and then finally - I was told that if I wanted a higher limit, I should appy for another CC.  Of course, I said that the problem with that is that if I cannot get a CLI, how am I going to get approved for a Venture Card? One CSR encouraged me to apply  saying that I probably had a good chance of getting it- I did - took the hit and BAM - DECLINED - they would not recon.  And frankly, I got tired of begging for CLIs, so I moved on!

By then I had already gotten a Discover Card and a Barclay MC.  Within six months - Discover went from $1500-$3500, Barclay from $1000-$4700.  Four months after having  closed my last Cap1 card, they are cluttering my mailbox with all sorts of offers - to get me back - interestingly - for the same card that I closed in May.  When I closed that account - there was interest nor any attempt to keep me as a customer.  I wasted an inquiry - and now they are trying to get me to play this game with them all over again?!

I am happy with my two credit cards; I do not want  a pocket full of credit cards, but I certainly would like to let Capital one know how I feel about this.  I would have LOVED to have remained a customer with them, but  as I am not into collecting cards and just letting them sit around, there was no need for me to have an account that I was not going to use.    Do you think I should bother writing C1?

I've seen people writing CEO's directly on these boards.  I think you should do just that elaborating on what happened and why you WILL NOT be a Cap1 customer ever again.  It would certainly be interesting to know if and how they would respond.  Even though you weren't an inital "prime" customer, you were still a customer and your business should matter.  Your credit behaviors changed over time and, IMO, you shouldn't be punished so to speak, because of where you started.  Suggest that they should perhaps change their methods of evaluating a customer's worthiness, so they won't lose future business like they lost yours.  Then ask them to remove you from all their future mailing lists, so they know you aren't interested in being contacted by them ever again.  I know I would.  It may not benefit you in any way, but companies need to know how their actions affect ALL customers, not just the top percent.  And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they make more money off of subprime customers than prime customers anyway????   Just my thoughts....

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 16 of 21
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Shred the offer and mail it back to them!! Smiley Very Happy

They didnt want you when you were prime so they can kick rocks now!

Don't forget to include a note that reads, 

"Sorry we are not accepting Creditor Initiated Credit Limit Increases at this time"

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 17 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Shred the offer and mail it back to them!! Smiley Very Happy

They didnt want you when you were prime so they can kick rocks now!

Don't forget to include a note that reads, 

"Sorry we are not accepting Creditor Initiated Credit Limit Increases at this time"

NICE!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Do NOT waste ANY TIME with them. I was told to re-app and did last year and got a stupid $500 limit No hassle cash card, which after a year, never got a cli.
Still have my 6 year old 1300 limit card with no cli.

I'd do what the op are saying AS WELL as make it clear thar you want OFF of their mailing list for GOOD! Send that back maybe in the app envelope they give you or call the Exec Office to complain. I'm sorry, but these jokers need to get a clue. A business model based on low credit lines that NEVER grow is simply rediculous!!

Tell 'em to go to helll!! Lol

:-) just my two cents.

Congrats on your other credit lines though! Clearly, they value your business!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The stupidest thing is that they aren't basing cli requests on anything related to your credit report ime.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.