Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I PC my Cap one Quicksilver to a Venture One

tag
pizzaman1
Valued Member

Should I PC my Cap one Quicksilver to a Venture One

So i Just Checked the Cap One upgrade link and it says I can Upgrade my Quicksilver to a Venture One. Should I do it or Just keep the QS?

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I PC my Cap one Quicksilver to a Venture One

Do it.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on what your needs are. Don’t have a travel card and can’t afford to app for one at the moment? Go for it.

Personally, I don’t think it’s that great of a card. I kept my Quicksilver as a 1.5% cashback card for all non-category purchases for over 3 years (just replaced by the CFU this week). It made me plenty of cashback. No complaints for what it is.

For travel I’d recommend you app for something better if applicable to your circumstances. I love my CSP.

Also, it may (or may not) be an unpopular opinion but I find Capital One to be an underwhelming lender overall, and always recommend people with Good to Excellent credit to opt for the other prime lenders instead (American Express, Chase, Citi, etc) because of there greater offerings.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 8
blunderer
Established Contributor

If I'm not mistaken isn't the Quicksilver rewards 1.5% opposed to the 1.25 miles on the VentureOne.  Unless you're looking for a travel rewards card it doesn't seem like it would make sense to switch to the VentureOne.  Especially since there are better travel reward cards out there.  But I'm sure more experienced MF'ers will chime in.

Message 4 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

Does the QS have an AF? Is the Venture One going to not have an AF?

If both have no AF, it makes no sense to me to downgrade from a card that earns 1.5% (call it Miles if you want, but it can be redeemed for ANYTHING) to a card that earns 1.25% (Call it Miles, because that 1.25% can only be redeemed on hotel or airline tickets, perhaps rental cars, correct?).

Both cards have no FTF. The QS is one of the most basic, consistent, globally accepted, no AF "Travel" cards for the jet setter.

Sounds like a downgrade to me.

If your version of QS has an AF, and the proposed Venture One would NOT have an AF, that is a different discussion.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Does the QS have an AF? Is the Venture One going to not have an AF?

If both have no AF, it makes no sense to me to downgrade from a card that earns 1.5% (call it Miles if you want, but it can be redeemed for ANYTHING) to a card that earns 1.25% (Call it Miles, because that 1.25% can only be redeemed on hotel or airline tickets, perhaps rental cars, correct?).

Both cards have no FTF. The QS is one of the most basic, consistent, globally accepted, no AF "Travel" cards for the jet setter.

Sounds like a downgrade to me.

If your version of QS has an AF, and the proposed Venture One would NOT have an AF, that is a different discussion.

Also - both have no FTF. In your case, I wouldn't do the PC. If you don't have a travel rewards card, then it's understandable but besides that I agree with @NRB525

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to agree with the other answers, I had the option to upgrade my Capital One Journey to a Quicksilver or a Venture, and because I am a colllege student and I knew I was not going to travel a lot I decided that a cashback card with 1.5% in all would be better for me, unless you travel very much I do not see the need to do a possible downgrade

Message 7 of 8
pizzaman1
Valued Member

thank you all for your input. guess i am keeping my quicksilver

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.