Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I accept CLI from Discover.

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I accept CLI from Discover.

@flexin222 wrote:

Thornback, you are right! I'm having a hissy fit. TIme my friends is not on my side and I do get impatient. I won't complain and the reason my EQ and Trans are lower is due to my stupid closing of my really old Credit One Bank card last year and forgetting. I let them charge me a late fee and by the time I noticed, it was almost 60 days late. They wouldn't charge it off so I learned a good lesson...

hahaha..   it's OK,  pretty sure we've all had our hissy fits at some point (I know I have).

I'd be willing bet that recent late is part of the reason Disco isn't opening the vault to you just yet (it's a bit of a red flag - regardless of the reason it happened).   You may not see a decent CLI offer till that late ages well past the 2 year mark - at least.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 11 of 25
NRB525
Super Contributor

@thornback wrote:

@flexin222 wrote:

Thornback, you are right! I'm having a hissy fit. TIme my friends is not on my side and I do get impatient. I won't complain and the reason my EQ and Trans are lower is due to my stupid closing of my really old Credit One Bank card last year and forgetting. I let them charge me a late fee and by the time I noticed, it was almost 60 days late. They wouldn't charge it off so I learned a good lesson...

hahaha..   it's OK,  pretty sure we've all had our hissy fits at some point (I know I have).

I'd be willing bet that recent late is part of the reason Disco isn't opening the vault to you just yet (it's a bit of a red flag - regardless of the reason it happened).   You may not see a decent CLI offer till that late ages well past the 2 year mark - at least.

There's a late? 

60 days?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 25
thornback
Senior Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@thornback wrote:

@flexin222 wrote:

There's a late? 

60 days?

OP said *almost* 60 days so i assumed only a 30 day was reported... but I could be wrong.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should take it. You can always play hard to get and try again a few weeks later.

Message 14 of 25
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Ah Miss Disco, how many love and lothe you all at the same time...

That said...

Right now, id take anything i was offered... No CLD here yet (knock on wood)

Have heard bits of ancedotes that some have been told its now a 6 month cycle between CLIs but you stil can get autoluv... (current situation notwithstanding)....

If you had a late that still can hurt your chances for a CLI for a bit...

Know it sucks to be patient, but id not give up yet... 

-J

Message 15 of 25
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

I'd have to agree with everyone else here. I can think of no reason NOT to accept a CLI from Disco. They offered me a grand total of $100 for my last increase. Was I salty? YES. Did I take the CLI? Also yes, because an extra $100 is better than no increase at all. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 16 of 25
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@flexin222 wrote:

@flexin222  ; Congrats for being Offered a CLI despite the recent derog (at least 30day late)!!

A lot of myFICOers can't even get a $100 CLI with flawless credit!

By the way it took me 5 years to get to my CL from $800 SL with them. Just be patient you'll get there. 😉

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 17 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Why would anyone reject a cli from Discover is beyond me. Not only are they notorious for not allowing people on in their secret to dispatching cli but in this credit environment of closures and skeptical banks, id take any cli offered and run.

Message 18 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@flexin222 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Sometimes, a small increase is no gain. We have members on here with 20k Disco CL's and with my good credit history I'm stumped why I can't receive decent increases. I look at CL's like percentages. $2900 Is a 10% of $290 which is no bueno. I would prefer a CL of $10K so I could spend $1000 and still stay at 10%. Of course I wouldn't spend that, but it's nice to have that wiggle room. 

I was offended by the slide increase because Disco only offered an increse of a few hundred dollars. Like $50-$500...That's a joke!

There are members here with 20k limits that dont even use them. Many of us have built those high limits on those $500 increases. It takes time with Disco unless you have the perfect profile they are looking for at time of approval. Which no one here knows. A $1500 sl is not one of themSmiley Wink

Message 19 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I have Disco with $24,000.00

While there was a period from June to April where it saw no use, the most of the growth happened during the time I used it heavily.

It wasnt unusual for me during the first year it was open to use more than 50% of the limit, and at that time it made sense because of cashback match. 

I dont feel that the limit on it just fell in my lap. 

It started off at $1000.00 over three years ago, got up to 13,000.00 in a first year. 

Different times, though. 

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.