Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I accept Discover More?

tag
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I accept Discover More?

The concern over the $3000 spending required to earn 1% is a little misplaced. We are talking about $22.50 in lost rewards (1% - .25% x 3000). That amount is easily made up in quarterly and special categories and the online shopping center. ex: At Christmas, I earned $150 cash back (10%) for buying a TV from Best Buy through the shopping center.

Discover has great customer service and the credit limit should grow with you. At the time of my approval my highest limit was $10,000, Discover opened my account at $15,000. Good luck.

Message 11 of 13
mjp187
Established Member

Discover Card is the only company that has ever called me and asked what can they do to become my go to card?

I told them better APR and immediately lowered 2.7% this has happened twice. So yes a great card.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mjp187 wrote:

Discover Card is the only company that has ever called me and asked what can they do to become my go to card?

I told them better APR and immediately lowered 2.7% this has happened twice. So yes a great card.

My APR is PRIME+13.99. I still would have answered by saying higher CL. 

The only call I got from them was from the fraud department wanting to know if I had used the card twice at Murphy's USA 15 minutes a part.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.