Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I accept preapproval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I accept preapproval?

I've just received a pre-approval from creditone for a platinum visa $1500 CL. It obviously has a high interest rate and an insane monthly "membership" fee. I'm still rebuilding i guess but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't accept it. This is what I have.

Cap1 secure $250 CL
Cap1 unsecured $750 CL
DCU Visa $1000 CL

Anyone think I should take the offer?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I accept preapproval?

@Anonymous wrote:
I've just received a pre-approval from creditone for a platinum visa $1500 CL. It obviously has a high interest rate and an insane monthly "membership" fee. I'm still rebuilding i guess but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't accept it. This is what I have.

Cap1 secure $250 CL
Cap1 unsecured $750 CL
DCU Visa $1000 CL

Please dont on my own experience......I receive the same offer and get into their trap and can't wait to cancel my card but for some secure purpose i need to keep them for another few months then closd out before AF kick in.

• pre approval for 1500 but give me only $400
  • $75 annual Fees after that $99.
  • Charge interest on day 1 for both purchase and cash advance so there is no different. You end up paid interest every months.
  • Poor customer service.
  • take 4 weeks to process the card . $75 balance up front when u receive your card.

So please stay away this crappy company unless you really need some credit. Google credit 1 review. You should see them all.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I needed to hear. Thank You!!
Message 3 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

@nicholasyud wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap1 secure $250 CL
Cap1 unsecured $750 CL
DCU Visa $1000 CL

Please dont on my own experience......I receive the same offer and get into their trap and can't wait to cancel my card but for some secure purpose i need to keep them for another few months then closd out before AF kick in.

• pre approval for 1500 but give me only $400
  • $75 annual Fees after that $99.
  • Charge interest on day 1 for both purchase and cash advance so there is no different. You end up paid interest every months.
  • Poor customer service.
  • take 4 weeks to process the card . $75 balance up front when u receive your card.

So please stay away this crappy company unless you really need some credit. Google credit 1 review. You should see them all.

I'm curious about these crappy subprime cards. When you say they charge interest on day one, does that imply that interest starts accruing right after the payment posts and they don't allow you time to pay the balance? Or do you mean they start charging interest as soon as the statement closes?

Message 4 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

I'm curious about these crappy subprime cards. When you say they charge interest on day one, does that imply that interest starts accruing right after the payment posts and they don't allow you time to pay the balance? Or do you mean they start charging interest as soon as the statement closes?

Credit One charges you interest on purchase the moment you swipe/use your card. 

Message 5 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Give 20 second think before you swipe your pretty Credit One cards......They come with fees and interest.....that's their benefit come with rewards package.......lol

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 12
HiLine
Blogger

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

That sounds terrible. I can understand why people avoid it like the plague. What other cards do you know have this inhumane practice?

Message 7 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

That sounds terrible. I can understand why people avoid it like the plague. What other cards do you know have this inhumane practice?

Open Sky Secured Credit Card also charges you interest from day 1, no grace period on purchase.

Message 8 of 12
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Avoid avoid avoid!  I'm cancelling mine tomorrow.  Good riddance!

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

Hell no. If you need a card for limited history apply for Capital one CC without annual fee, either cash rewards for newcomers or Cash rewards card(green one) but they will give you low limits even if approved.

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.