Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app for Chase Ritz card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I app for Chase Ritz card?

With the current bonus the Ritz card looks very pleasing.  I've never stayed at a Ritz but I do stay at Marriott often, and with the current 5k spend bonus of 3 nights at a Tier 4 property such as the one on Maui, I want to make this happen since we are going to Hawaii next spring.  I believe I'll use alot of the cards features.  I'm scared of being declined though.

My Fico scores scores are EX 725 EQ727 TU 754, AAOA is 3 years, Utilization is 22% and PIF on every card I have.  (Other then the Blispay of course).  I opened a CSP in March 16, a Chase FU/Ink Plus in April of 16, and a Ink Cash in June of 16.  I believe Chase likes me because in the past month I've received an auto CLI on my FU and Ink Plus and have put almost 100k through all the cards combined and PIF. I did however have to recon denials on both the Ink cards and FU but have shown enough responsible use that they auto CLI those ones.  On top of those 4 chase cards in the past 6 months I also got approved for the Amex BCE and Capital One QS both of which I received CLI in the past month as well.  

Do you guys think I would get approved for the Ritz card?  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Should I app for Chase Ritz card?

Only way to know for sure is spend the 1 possibly 2 HP's 

Not sure where you're at exposure wise you didn't state 

But it does appear Chase likes you 

The good news in your favor also is Ritz doesn't fall under 5/24 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CSP is $5k, FU $4k, Ink+ $9500, and Ink Cash $3k
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guarantee once you stay at a Ritz property you will never stay at Marriott ever again. They are fabulous! Gorgeous properties all over the world and 1st class service. Always had a fantastic experience with Ritz-Carlton hotels
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card. If you stay at marriotts this is the card to get. Make sure you keep gold or platinum. I got platinum by doing there challenge. I stay at the ritz 2 or 3 times a year usually for 3 nights a piece. The club level is worth it alone. And now with the hundred dollar Coach credit it is the top card right now. Match this card with the CSR and you jave the best 1 2 punch of all time.
Message 5 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I guarantee once you stay at a Ritz property you will never stay at Marriott ever again. They are fabulous! Gorgeous properties all over the world and 1st class service. Always had a fantastic experience with Ritz-Carlton hotels

+1

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want this card!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your credit profile and scores look good. Plus you already credit cards with Chase. Do you have a checking account with them? I think having Chase checking account helps with thier products imo. One way to find out is to app for it. Goodluck! 😊

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a checking and savings with them. My concern with getting approved is the fact I had to recon the last couple cards through them.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get this card just because it's so metally!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.