tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Should I apply for 4 cards all at once or one after the other

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

A very quick question.

Presently in the garden till 2/1/2015. Planning to make a few applications (maybe around 4) in Feb 2015.

Was new to this and without knowing made quite a few inquiries (about 9) this year. I am stuck with the doubt of whether I should apply for all the 4 credit cards on a single day or should I apply one get an answer completely, then start the next. I understand that if I make all 4 applications at once, then the other 3 centers may not see these credit inquiries right away.

Do you have any thoughts?

That is flat out wrong. The second you app it updates to your credit report. You can app for all cards the same day or do them one at a time. The benefit of the same day is then all your inqs will age together. Sometimes if I am going for a very improtant card to me I will go through all the process before apping for something else. I do this in case the lender pulls another report during the app process. Other than that I do them all the same day. 

What if you hit enter on two different computers at the same time?

That's assuming that once you hit submit, lender A will pull your credit at the same time as lender B.  It does occur at or near the same time but it is not instaneous.

how many times have you sat in front of the computer while the hourglass was filling up?Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 14
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@One7 wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

A very quick question.

Presently in the garden till 2/1/2015. Planning to make a few applications (maybe around 4) in Feb 2015.

Was new to this and without knowing made quite a few inquiries (about 9) this year. I am stuck with the doubt of whether I should apply for all the 4 credit cards on a single day or should I apply one get an answer completely, then start the next. I understand that if I make all 4 applications at once, then the other 3 centers may not see these credit inquiries right away.

That is flat out wrong. The second you app it updates to your credit report. You can app for all cards the same day or do them one at a time. The benefit of the same day is then all your inqs will age together. Sometimes if I am going for a very improtant card to me I will go through all the process before apping for something else. I do this in case the lender pulls another report during the app process. Other than that I do them all the same day. 

lol worth an experiment Smiley Happy

YMMA..like in most cases.  We don't know if HP updates are in real-time or if whether they have 15 min delays or less? 

I do know that when calling to unfreeze my reports it requires at least several minutes. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 12 of 14
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

A very quick question.

That's assuming that once you hit submit, lender A will pull your credit at the same time as lender B.  It does occur at or near the same time but it is not instaneous.

how many times have you sat in front of the computer while the hourglass was filling up?Smiley Sad

Lexi,

You are showing your age! I thought they did away with that hour glass thingy for that circle thingy years ago?

Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 13 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jamie123 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

A very quick question.

Lexi,

You are showing your age! I thought they did away with that hour glass thingy for that circle thingy years ago?

Smiley Wink

Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.