Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for Chase Freedom?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I apply for Chase Freedom?

I have a short history, but they gave me a $5K limit. That was because they saw US bank trusted me with good limits and they wanted a piece of those merchant fees.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 20
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I have a short history, but they gave me a $5K limit. That was because they saw US bank trusted me with good limits and they wanted a piece of those merchant fees.

LOL you started your credit journey this year and have more available credit than I do! LOLZ.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 20
Dustink
Valued Contributor

That's when I got a credit score, about 6 months before that I got a US bank card with a 300 limit. 

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 20
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

LOL you started your credit journey this year and have more available credit than I do! LOLZ.

Lol, I am a little obsessed with my credit.

Message 14 of 20
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

Lol, I am a little obsessed with my credit.

+1

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 20
britthester
New Contributor

I just got the Chase Freedom offer in the mail, so I applied and was approved! Will get the card in 7 to 10 days! Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice! I'm very excited about getting this card!
Message 16 of 20
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 17 of 20
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@britthester wrote:
I just got the Chase Freedom offer in the mail, so I applied and was approved! Will get the card in 7 to 10 days! Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice! I'm very excited about getting this card!

That's wonderful - congratulations!!  You can call Chase and find out your limit if you're curious (I always am!).  Phone number is 800-432-3117, then press the # key and then select Option 2 for status of your application and enter your SSN.  You already know you were approved, but this will also tell you your starting limit.

Again, congratulations!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 18 of 20
britthester
New Contributor

I called the number you provided and they gave me a $3,500 CL! That is by far my highest limit. Needless to say, I am stoked! Thanks for all the help and congrats!
Message 19 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@britthester wrote:
I called the number you provided and they gave me a $3,500 CL! That is by far my highest limit. Needless to say, I am stoked! Thanks for all the help and congrats!

congrats, that is a very good starting limit from chase considering your limited history

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.