cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for another Discover card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply for another Discover card?

I've been looking into the 'Escape' By Discover Card, and I've been thinking about applying for one. Anybody know anything about it? Goods/Bads? Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Should I apply for another Discover card?

Not sure if we can have two discover cards from Discover. I would like to know if Discover allows to have two cards.

Message 2 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Max is two Discover cards per consumer.

Message 3 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@mxp114 wrote:

Max is two Discover cards per consumer.

I did not know that...I always thought it was one. Thx.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Escape and the More.

I got the Escape 2 months after I got the More card.

I have the Chase Freedom which I prefer over the More. I found that I was not using the More, but I liked Discover as a bank.

I did not want to cancel the More card because it has a nice 10K limit on it. They will not let you do a product change to this card either. It requires a separate application.

I mainly got this card because it is 2% back on all purchases. It is my catch-all card when I can't get a better bonus on another card. I feel that the minimum I want to get back on a card is 2%. With the rotating cards, you only get 1% on everything else. 

I will say this.....the limit they gave me on the Escape is half that of the More. I asked if I could move the CL around (put the higher limit on the Escape and the lower on the More that I do not use). They told me no. It is a different product.

I love the card. The best part is the primary car rental insurance. Not too many cards out there with that.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just posted another thread ""Should I close my Citibank card?""

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been debating for quite a while about this; I've had a Citibank Diamond Preferred Credit card for years now. I put purchases onto it every so often, like a coffee and news paper every morning, and I pay it off each month. I feel like its just a cycle of the same thing over and over. Every month I have the same balance, Every month I write out a check for about $150. (28 Days worth of morning coffee and newspapers.) I could easily pay cash for the coffee and paper every morning, or I could put them onto a different card. But I feel like I have too many cards. Should I cancel it, or keep it just so it looks good on my credit report? Any help? Thanks!

Why would you want another card if you feel like you already have too many cards?

Just curious, that's all.

Message 6 of 12
dalebb
Valued Contributor

lolSmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I wanted to close the citibank card because I didn't like the way Citibank does business. And I do feel like I have too many cards, but I don't use all of them on a daily basis. I use different cards for different things. 

Message 8 of 12
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I wanted to close the citibank card because I didn't like the way Citibank does business. And I do feel like I have too many cards, but I don't use all of them on a daily basis. I use different cards for different things. 

I don't any CITi cards....just curious to know why you don't like the way they do business.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't like the way their billing cycle is, and the policies that they have. I have had a lot of trouble with them in the past.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.