Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply or wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply or wait?

So here's a little back story. I've only started really looking at my scores and credit use recently. A few years ago I let my parents use my best buy credit card and signed a joint loan for a car (so I benefit by establishing credit) which they both were paying for and now also a chase credit card now which they are paying for me since I let them use it for an emergency. I didn't pay attention and found out that they missed 4 total payments, a 30/60 day on best buy and a 30/60 on the auto loan which now both have been paid off and closed. 

I am currently not using the Chase Freedom ($7100/12000 used 13.49% APR) card at all until it is paid off by my parents so I don't have a card thats earning me any points and use only my debt card. The other credit cards I have are a Best Buy Store Card ($851/1200 used No Interest), Von Maur Store Card ($200/500 used no interest), and a Ashley's Store Card ($2,100/5000 used no interest). So my overall utilization is about 54%. 

What I really want is the Blispay card because it offers the 6 month no interest on $199 purchases and 2% back which will be great to use with my Chase Freedom when I finally start using it again. The problem is my Experian FICO is 682 (which they pull for this card), CK TU is 705, CK EQ 699. 

Credit Inquires:

TU: 4 (3 are for auto rate shopping drop off in 4 months)

EQ: 7 (4 are for same auto rate shopping dropping off in 4 months)

EX: 3 (1 for same auto rate shopping)

So as of right now Im hesitant to apply for the Blispay card because of my Experian FICO score and plan on waiting till my UTI goes down. But the other card I want to get is the Amazon Prime Card so I can get financing options and/or 5% back. I use Amazon a lot and I do tend to make big purchases thats why I have all these store cards. I have a good feeling I would get approved for the Prime card so Im questioning if I should apply for it now or wait until after I apply for the Blispay which wont be until my EX Fico goes up? If I do get it I will request CLI right away which will lower my UTI more. 

Also my AAoA for open accounts is 2 years 8 months and of all accounts it's 4 years and 1 month

I was interested in the Citi DC but the Blispay with the financing sounds too good to pass up on, also if you recommend another card let me know. Mostly looking for cash back card perferably a 2% because Ill pair it with the Freedom. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.