Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply?

tag
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I apply?

Recon just means having them reconsider their initial decision, and it will in no way affect your credit report, unless you specifically give them permission to pull another report. If you don't have any negatives or lates, I'd say you have a shot at being successful for the recon. Also, it's better if you wait for the denial letter and go over it, that way you'd be prepared for any questions/concerns that the analyst might have.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 23
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

IMHO wait on the letter but I'll take a guess and say your file is to thin and are seeking credit to fast ...all cards are new

credit is a marathon not a sprint

You're type fast myjourney! Or it could be I'm too drunk to reply any faster Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

IMHO wait on the letter but I'll take a guess and say your file is to thin and are seeking credit to fast ...all cards are new

credit is a marathon not a sprint

You're type fast myjourney! Or it could be I'm too drunk to reply any faster Smiley Tongue

Lol great minds think alike 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 23
AllenR24

Thank you all for your help.

If their reasoning is short history and multiple inquiries, is there a way for me to change their mind? Or will that be it.

Message 14 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AllenR24 wrote:

Thank you all for your help.

If their reasoning is short history and multiple inquiries, is there a way for me to change their mind? Or will that be it.

Always try recon but in your case IMHO 

they saw recent INQ's and not enough history so wait on letter and then yes recon but be aware they may want to HP you again and that's when you have to make a decision...yes or no

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 23
AllenR24

Ugh. I feel as though I wasted an inquiry. I just want to call now and talk to the analyst. I just don't know how to back myself up besides saying I have proved history of responsibly using these cards.

Message 16 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AllenR24 wrote:

Ugh. I feel as though I wasted an inquiry. I just want to call now and talk to the analyst. I just don't know how to back myself up besides saying I have proved history of responsibly using these cards.

The best offense you can have at this moment is the letter it will tell you why you were denied...Thus you can them tell them on a recon why that is incorrect and state your case at that timeSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 23
AllenR24

If the letter does say limited history/multiple inquiries. What could my counter argument be :/ It seems once they say that it's over haha

Message 18 of 23
AllenR24

I do appreciate all your help btw.

Message 19 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AllenR24 wrote:

If the letter does say limited history/multiple inquiries. What could my counter argument be :/ It seems once they say that it's over haha

While I may have limited history over the last year I have paid my CC's on time,never late and most of the time I PIF

I just wish to have a relationship with you to build on as I'm considering doing all my banking business with you...

and if they say NO again 

last resort ............Perhaps to can start me with a small limit to let me prove myself to you........

if they say no 

hang up wait 12 hours and try again Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.