cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I ask for a CLI on a Sears/Citi Mastercard?

tag
gpie00001
Established Member

Should I ask for a CLI on a Sears/Citi Mastercard?

I logged into my Sears/Citi account and noticed that under "manage my account" there is a CLI link. The link takes me to a form that asks for what I'd like my limit to be, as well as the name of my bank, bank account #, annual income, etc. I'd love the CLI, but feel... intimidated by the info they're asking. Should I go for it?

If it makes a difference, I have a $5000 CL, opened the card in August, and have 0% interest for the first year. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I ask for a CLI on a Sears/Citi Mastercard?

@gpie00001 wrote:

I logged into my Sears/Citi account and noticed that under "manage my account" there is a CLI link. The link takes me to a form that asks for what I'd like my limit to be, as well as the name of my bank, bank account #, annual income, etc. I'd love the CLI, but feel... intimidated by the info they're asking. Should I go for it?

If it makes a difference, I have a $5000 CL, opened the card in August, and have 0% interest for the first year. 

This is actually going to be a hard pull on your credit report. It is up to you if you want another hard pull on your credit report and take the risk of getting a cli. I don't think you should do it just yet. Give it some more time and see if you get an auto cli. For a hard pull, I would not do it unless you desperately need an increase in your credit limit.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a $2500 auto CLI on my Sears Mastercard.  I wasn't expecting it, but I'll take it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oracles wrote:

@gpie00001 wrote:

This is actually going to be a hard pull on your credit report. It is up to you if you want another hard pull on your credit report and take the risk of getting a cli. I don't think you should do it just yet. Give it some more time and see if you get an auto cli. For a hard pull, I would not do it unless you desperately need an increase in your credit limit.

I think it depends on what the balance on your card is.  If you have over 50% used and a CLI will help your util and score, then it may be a good idea to do it.  

I did so with my Chase card, and I don't regret that hard pull, but mine was 8 months after I opened the card.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I tried to upgrade our Sears Store card to Mastercard yesterday and was told they are different products, you would have to apply. we have no use for store card, so was hoping to keep the line active by getting the mastercard.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.