Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be removed as an AU?

tag
dharalex
Established Contributor

Should I be removed as an AU?

My DH has 2 BOA cards that each have 1 late from 2007 and 2008. I am an auth user. I heard its very hard to get them to break. They are low credit limit cards, and now that I have 2 AE cards that have backdated, I dont think it should effect my AAoA. Should I just have him take me off as an AU so the listings will just come off, or are they too old to make a significant difference in score? This would get rid of 2 of my 6 lates.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I be removed as an AU?

@dharalex wrote:

My DH has 2 BOA cards that each have 1 late from 2007 and 2008. I am an auth user. I heard its very hard to get them to break. They are low credit limit cards, and now that I have 2 AE cards that have backdated, I dont think it should effect my AAoA. Should I just have him take me off as an AU so the listings will just come off, or are they too old to make a significant difference in score? This would get rid of 2 of my 6 lates.

Not important to the topic, but AE = AMEX?

When are the two AE cards backdated to?  Any CO is significant enough to do something about it, whether it be removing yourself as an AU, or doing whatever it takes to get the OC to delete it.  If it were me, I would remove AU and also try to PFD to get them removed then re-add as an AU (if it would help my AAoA).

Message 2 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

Not important to the topic, but AE = AMEX?

When are the two AE cards backdated to?  Any CO is significant enough to do something about it, whether it be removing yourself as an AU, or doing whatever it takes to get the OC to delete it.  If it were me, I would remove AU and also try to PFD to get them removed then re-add as an AU (if it would help my AAoA).

I don't understand this.  PFD usually refers to paying a debt in exchange for agreement to delete a tradeline.  It removes the entire tradeline.  I have never heard of paying them to delete a late payment on an active tradeline; that is typically a GW request (but just because I haven't heard of it doesn't mean that much).  Do you have experience with paying a company to delete a late payment?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dharalex wrote:

So, you have total of 6 lates on your CR ... where are the other 4 lates and when and how long?

What is your current AAoA with AU accts?   What is your new AAoA will be without AU accts?

Message 4 of 5
dharalex
Established Contributor

The cards were opened in 4/2004 and 6/2004. The 2 amex cards (sorry about that other abbrev) were backdated to 2003. My current AAoA is 7 years. I haven't figured out how much it would be if I was taken off the BOA cards...I was wondering if the amex backdating would sort of negate the change in AAoA from the BOA cards.

I have no collections. Had one from 2007 and had it deleted last month, so I'm only dealing with lates. If BOA come off, I will have 1 late 2007 from Lane Bryant, 1 late 2008 from UMB (bank cc), 1 2011 late from ACS (this the one that bites!) I have sent out GW to ACS (student loan, only late since I opened account in 2006) last week, but haven't heard anything. If I could get this one to be deleted, I would probably get to the 700 club.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.