cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be worried about a synchrony account review?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I be worried about a synchrony account review?

Letting multiple accounts report high uti can be a dangerous game, more so for a young or thin file. Banks dont know you will immediately pay it off after statement cuts ( if able) and all it takes is a sp of ones report to see high uti across the board and it can bring scrutiny. Make it two months in a row, thats a pattern and algorithms love patterns so try and keep uti low. You'll be better off in long run.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I be worried about a synchrony account review?

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I think Synchrony just wanted to be safe waiting a few extra days after the payment cleared. I just checked and my available credit has been restored. I had the money ready to pay the full balance before the billing cycle closed but never imagined it would be this bad letting multiple accounts report high UTI.

That might be a one time thing. If that's your first large payment, the next time it might clear sooner.

Probably not a good idea to allow multiple accounts to report high util, unless your credit history is long and stellar. But don't be afraid to let them report balances. Just keep util low (<30%) and PIF if possible. 

A credit card account is designed to allow you to report balances and take advantage of a grace period and short-term interest free financing, as long as you're responsible with it.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.