I would close it. While there are a very few people who successfully grow these Cap One starter cards, these cases are few and far between. Generally low start cards like that are bucketed and won’t ever grow by more than a few hundred. Good luck!
You should use cards that make most financial sense for you.
As far as growth, there is no way to predict if it will and by how much. Without or with minimal use, it wont.
With decent use over the course of several months before asking for CLI, it may. In either case, I would not hold my breath over Cap One starter cards.
I think you would benefit from another decent 5% card, if cashback is what you're looking for.
As far as Amex ED goes, if your spend is on utilities, gas and restaurants, it's not such a great choice. Might be ok for gas, if you dont have other options. The return on utilities and restaurants would be worse than your QS. US Bank Cash + would cover most of those categories.
Unless you're looking for 0% intro apr or BT card, paypal cashback mastercard may be an option for you for general spend.
Pinkandgrey -Will closing cards affect manual reviews?
Just don't want it to look like I open and close accounts to often.
I wouldn’t worry. I’ve closed numerous cards—sometimes within short periods of time. I have personally closed 3 Cap One cards over the years and I didn’t even have any of them very long.
Remedios, ty. Edit: yes 0 intro apr for 1 card is what I'm looking for.
It would be great to get both discover and us bank 5% since they definitely fit my spending.
A bit wary of us bank as I hear they are conservative.
And a PayPal 2% credit card would be perfect.
Since I'm more sure about disco than us bank maybe I apply for the it card, then go for us bank and or PayPal in 6 months or a year..
I'm also pretty sure PayPal would approve me right now trans Union has 3 inquiries in past year maybe go for discover and pay pal same day, then us bank in 6 months or more...
How do these plans sound?
Obviously no1 can assure me of approval, but does getting 2 cards now make sense? Or just 1 and let my aaoa grow ( Wich will be one year next month), and app for 2nd maybe 3rd down road?
The past two years in June I got auto loans so those inquiries (10 all in 30 day period) will fall off and age over 1 year.
This year I will do 1 or 2 and wait 6 months plus
I would go for Disco first, they like profiles with limited credit and are not overly concerned with AAoA.
Check prequal and see what shows up.
I wouldn't close any card because of how it looks to other lenders, but I would close them if I am certain they will see no use.
You already have limits higher than that one, so I would not worry about the "looks"
Also, I dont think the presence of lower limit card matters that much. I am pretty sure I still have one that's $500, right next to one that's $30k.
Do what's right for you, dont over think it