cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I combine 2 BOA Cards into One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I combine 2 BOA Cards into One?

The flip side is:

1.  If they CLD your $7100 to $5k or less, that may put this $8k in that CLD "range" again later

2.  If you combine the cards, later when BoA may be in the CLI mood, you probably will not get as much CLI on a single card as you might get in combination between 2 cards.

But, if you have more cards than convenient, and the CL's are not convenient, then combining addresses both issues.

Message 11 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The flip side is:

1.  If they CLD your $7100 to $5k or less, that may put this $8k in that CLD "range" again later

2.  If you combine the cards, later when BoA may be in the CLI mood, you probably will not get as much CLI on a single card as you might get in combination between 2 cards.

But, if you have more cards than convenient, and the CL's are not convenient, then combining addresses both issues.

I agree, but if we dont use the cards even if BOA in CLI mood they might not give. On the other hand yes it is a chance they might do CLD again or even close the card. Who knows what they are going to do. For now I am going to sock drawer the cards, since I have other good cards with very good CL's and keep them happy and sock drawer these two cards. Not worth breaking head and worrying minute by minute what they are going to do. I do PIF and never revolve balance that is the best I can do to make any one happy. If they are still not happy then they are wrong card issuers for me.
Message 12 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

concorduser wrote:

I agree, but if we dont use the cards even if BOA in CLI mood they might not give. On the other hand yes it is a chance they might do CLD again or even close the card. Who knows what they are going to do. For now I am going to sock drawer the cards, since I have other good cards with very good CL's and keep them happy and sock drawer these two cards. Not worth breaking head and worrying minute by minute what they are going to do. I do PIF and never revolve balance that is the best I can do to make any one happy. If they are still not happy then they are wrong card issuers for me.

I think waiting is best. Better to retain whatever CL's you can right now. You can always combine later.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.